Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've been bitten by the audio bug. I want more sound so I bought lowers and speaker pod rings. Here is a link to the pods.
Harley Davidson Vented Lower Fairing Speaker Pods Street Glide Road King HD H D | eBay
It says will take most any 6.5 speaker but who knows for sure?
The lowers are by Mutazu.

I have a 15 RG with magic box, SSpn4.520 amp, BT6.5 RG package in the fairing.
I have the rear channel to power the lowers, 100w RMS so the info says.

What is a good 4 ohm speaker for under $100. Most of the ones I see are about 55w to 75w and would they hold up? I don't know if the BT 7.1's will fit in these pod rings and they are 75w, I might be able to get a small discount on these, but would need to buy grills.

Really stretching the wallet with this stuff so any savings here and there helps.

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
DD Audio 6.5 CXS. They are shallow mount too. Have them in my tour pack and they sound great! 50w RMS with a Max of 200. 4 ohm as well. Scored mine for 99 bucks from Syracuse Customs in NY

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
592 Posts
Why would you use any thing other than what you have? Keep then matched.i bet it is going too be crazy, as long as you have enough power.im putting 140 watts to each of my speakers and thats plenty for me.i cant imagen 4 wow

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would you use any thing other than what you have? Keep then matched.i bet it is going too be crazy, as long as you have enough power.im putting 140 watts to each of my speakers and thats plenty for me.i cant imagen 4 wow
Well I figure 4 would be better, and I've never had lowers before so I wanted to try them.

I've decided to go with Polk Audio db651's the 60 watt ones. Spoke with BT and just can't swing the extra $100 for another 6.5's from them. He also suggested to run the amp on 80 hertz, so when I get back in there I'll try the amp on the high pass setting to dial it in.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Just wondering why you didn't buy the 6.5 vented lowers that Mutazu offers with speakers ? The Sound Stream nano is 2 or 4 ohm stable.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wondering why you didn't buy the 6.5 vented lowers that Mutazu offers with speakers ? The Sound Stream nano is 2 or 4 ohm stable.
They don't offer any info on those speakers, and I've e-mailed them twice no reply. Not the kinda people I would do business with. Maybe they are good people but I tried to contact them.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Are the Kappa's water resistant like the Polk audio db651's?
Yes, and no. The box says nothing about water resistant, but I've run them for a year now with out a problem. Most of the newer speakers material is water resistant. The electronics on the rear of the speaker just aren't coated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, and no. The box says nothing about water resistant, but I've run them for a year now with out a problem. Most of the newer speakers material is water resistant. The electronics on the rear of the speaker just aren't coated.
The Kappa's are few dollars more, wonder if they will sound better than the db651's? Are you using them in the lowers?

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
The Kappa's are few dollars more, wonder if they will sound better than the db651's? Are you using them in the lowers?
I had them in the fairing until I switched to the 5x7 kappas. I plan on purchasing the Mutazu lowers I mentioned and replacing the speakers they come with, with the 6.5 kappas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.