Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, took the leap today. bought 12" monkey bars 2-5 weeks out. I have been lurking around this site like a creep for a while soaking up all the good info. thanks now I need to know what I'm in for. never read if i need new brake lines or not? was just gonna lengthen all the wires myself any thoughts?? thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Aaaa, is it just me or does it look like those bars belong on a street glide? Just askin.
I think your right,.. those look like the Electra glide version. Would be nice for people with shorter arms though!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should team up and sell these bars for people with short arms. Ha!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Aaaa, is it just me or does it look like those bars belong on a street glide? Just askin.
That's the first set of Yaffe Monkey Bagger bars I've seen on a RG. Don't look bad but I like the OEM's better on the RG's.

I wish I wasn't too much of a chicken to cut my wires .... :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed a set of 12" oem Monkey bars last week and ran everything through the bars and the best tip I can give is buy a replacement throttle by wire from HD. The stock one on my 2010 had a big green connector halfway down and I couldnt get that to pass by the 90degree turn. The new TBW was one piece.. Bought the new TBW and was done in an hour....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep ordered from baggernation. just made sure my order is for the oem 12" bars. they were a little busy when I called gotta make sure I get RG bars.

ok so no brake line changes for anyone??

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed 13" monkey bars and didn't cut any wires. There is a ton of it in there. I did how ever buy the harley one piece throttle by wire because i am a chicken and didn't trust solder holding up in the pull through the bars. Did need to get cables though. it is worth it to get custom cables any way. It just makes the whole install look custom.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Monkey bars issue

I was just looking at the 10" Neano62 has, The new add says lower price, due to demand they have new process and NO internal wiring option available? :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just looked at baggernation and it doesnt say anything like that. I ordered my bars directly from paul yaffe because i ordered a custome size. it was pretty easy but took me over 6 weeks to get them. He quoted me 4. That kinda pissed me off and turned me off from his business. I was running a ride for my brother that passed away and wanted them done by then but he shipped them out a few days before it started. I figured he would 3 day them for me for the inconvinience. But he said now and it would be an additional 100 for shipping on top of the 40 he doesnt mention in the ordering process. I love the way they look but would never get anything from him unless he was the only one that had it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
12" Bars are no problem w/wires. Now I dont no about the clutch cable. Thats gonna be close. I no it will be TIGHT! But ya should have enough. I talked w/baggernation today, he is INGULPED in making the Arizona State Bike rite now. Hell, I emailed him on Sunday nite and still have not got a reply!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts