Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just placed an order with Madstad Engineering for one of there 11" Dark Smoke Windshields based on everything I've read about them here on Our Forum.
I'm hoping it works as described and that I'm finished trying different windshields.
I'll post a review as soon as it arrives and I install it.
Mike U.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just placed an order with Madstad Engineering for one of there 11" Dark Smoke Windshields based on everything I've read about them here on Our Forum.
I'm hoping it works as described and that I'm finished trying different windshields.
I'll post a review as soon as I get it arrives and I install it.
Mike U.
I've got about 400 miles on mine, I can honestly say it's the best upgrade I have made to my bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I doubt you will regret the Madstad. Best windshield going for the RG. Post some pics when you get it installed....

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As soon as I get it installed I will definitely post some pics.
I already received a email from Madstad Engineering letting me know that they received my order.
Mike U.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also have joined the Madstad club. Using their site it seemed that a 13 would be at or near the top of the adjustment range. After a good half hour talk with Chris, I/we decided on a dark gray 14.5 I want as still a ride as possible yet look over the shield. He told me if I decide I want to go shorter or if the dark gray is too dark, exchange for a 13 inch and/or a lighter tint is no charge.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just received a email from Patty at Madstad Engineering.
The order has been fulfilled and it should arrive Thursday.
Hope the weather holds out so I can take a ride as soon as I get it installed.
I'll keep you posted.
Mike U.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I put the 11" MadStad on my RGC - night and day better than ANY other windshield I tried. I would be shocked if you don't love it. I even like the look now. Road Glides without MadStad windshields look funny (wrong) to me!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I just received a email from Patty at Madstad Engineering.
The order has been fulfilled and it should arrive Thursday.
Hope the weather holds out so I can take a ride as soon as I get it installed.
I'll keep you posted.
Mike U.
Email and same arrival date for me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just received my Madstad 13" dark gray tint this weekend. Definitely an improvement the only concern have is with the dark tint that high it limits my view I haven't tried at night yet. I'll keep it on and see if I get used to it. Has any one else had that problem?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just received my Madstad 13" dark gray tint this weekend. Definitely an improvement the only concern have is with the dark tint that high it limits my view I haven't tried at night yet. I'll keep it on and see if I get used to it. Has any one else had that problem?
I have what you have, and yes, it's a little bit of an issue. I'm tempted to try a clear one out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let me know if you do. I'm used to looking over the shield but being able to see through it. I like the look of the dark tint but wondering how practical it will be on a long road trip with night riding?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have what you have, and yes, it's a little bit of an issue. I'm tempted to try a clear one out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Let me know if you do. I'm used to looking over the shield but being able to see through it. I like the look of the dark tint but wondering how practical it will be on a long road trip with night riding?
Installed my tinted Madstad 14.5" window and took the wife for a dinner ride. I had it initially adjusted up high enough that I was looking thru it at the top and angled at the suggested 60° angle. After about 20 miles or so I asked her if the buffeting she was experiencing with our old recurve Windvest window had gone away. She said the buffeting had subsided considerably.
After our dinner stop it was getting dark so I dropped the Madstad down a couple inches so I could see over it comfortably and tilted it back to 50°. We rode home and half way there I get the 'thumbs up' sign from her. When we got home she said any of the past wind or buffeting issues she had with out old Windvest had disappeared. She LOVES the new Madstad!!!!
So don't be afraid of trying a lot of adjustment heights and angles to find your sweet spot!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice pictures. I just put on my new 13" Madstad and tested it for the 1st time today. Well, everything they say about it is true. Now I just have to get used to the look. That should come fast because how good it performs.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
58 degrees tilt seems to be the sweet spot solo for most here. It works for me and a matter of lifting & dropping the shield without changing the tilt. Best mod to date

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Hey Frag. Need some info. First off, how tall is your wife? Mine is 5'7" and just wondering how tall of a shield I would need. Second, are you running the stock RGU seat? and third, Can you measure how far up the shield is in that first pix from the top of the gauge cluster to the top of the shield please?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts