Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of or purchased an aftermarket seat from Strykerparts.com?

I just ordered a Stryker "Streamline" seat that will put me 3" further back, as the stock RG seat was made for
a midget! LOL
Hoping it isn't hard as a rock! Supposedly, they use foam based on your weight, and build the seats to your
physical specs.

Pic below...
HDFLHStreamlineTG_ShopifyResize_1600x.jpg

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,043 Posts
That looks real thin - my boney butt is protesting just looking at the pic. lol. Curious how it looks and how you like it. Even though I am not all that tall (5'9"), I have an extended reach seat as I really don't like the OE riding the tank seats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks real thin - my boney butt is protesting just looking at the pic. lol. Curious how it looks and how you like it. Even though I am not all that tall (5'9"), I have an extended reach seat as I really don't like the OE riding the tank seats.
That is what I was thinking too, but they assured me that the foam that they use is good for guys that like to ride
long distance. I am hoping it's not 500.00 down the drain! They said it was much more comfortable than the Le Pera Daddy Long Legs seat... I hear the Le Pera is like sitting on a piece of wood!! We shall see!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 6'3" and there is no way I can ride the bike with the stock seat! I am doing taller bars, nothing crazy... Just some 12" bars with a lot less pullback than the stock bars... I'm also moving the floorboards forward an inch, and doing a 2" extended brake pedal and 2" extended shifter. I should be pretty stretched out after all of that.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
325 Posts
I couldn’t find any reviews on it. It’s a good looking seat. You’d almost think it’d be a combo of some dense gell and foam.
But my ass has put over a couple 100k on corbins. Most folks think they’re unbearable.
Ex says I have no ass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sure you wanna go with 12” bars, I have 14” bars and I’m under 6 foot with not much pull back and I love them…. Maybe I’m wrong in my thinking and maybe you’ve done the research but I feel like you won’t be happy with 12” bars. As far as the seat, good luck and hopefully it’s worth it, I’ve never heard of them.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I am doing taller bars, nothing crazy... Just some 12" bars with a lot less pullback than the stock bars...
First, welcome to the forum! And, just in case you don't already know this . . . if you're doing 12" bars you might first try rolling your stock bars forward including pulling the pin so they'll roll further forward. Might eliminate the excessive pull back and be perfect. Worked for me.

Ride safe & enjoy!

Reactions: Pezzman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First, welcome to the forum! And, just in case you don't already know this . . . if you're doing 12" bars you might first try rolling your stock bars forward including pulling the pin so they'll roll further forward. Might eliminate the excessive pull back and be perfect. Worked for me.

Ride safe & enjoy!
[/QUOTE
I do hate the pull back on the stock bars though...

Ride safe & enjoy!
Thank you for the welcome! Great tip! I just don't really like the amount of pullback on the stock bars. Feels like my wrists are cocked on a strange angle. The bars I bought have a more natural feel. If I hadn't already bought the bars, I may have tried what you suggested. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I myself sent my stock seat out to mean city cycles. Should have it back next. So far… dealing with them has been a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I myself sent my stock seat out to mean city cycles. Should have it back next. So far… dealing with them has been a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you have them do to it, and how much did it cost?

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,243 Posts
[QUOTE="Pezzman, post:

"I just ordered a Stryker "Streamline" seat that will put me 3" further back, as the stock RG seat was made for
a midget! LOL"

Hey now! At 5' 7" I resemble that remark!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[QUOTE="Pezzman, post:

"I just ordered a Stryker "Streamline" seat that will put me 3" further back, as the stock RG seat was made for
a midget! LOL"

Hey now! At 5' 7" I resemble that remark!!!
😂😂😂

1 - 20 of 27 Posts