Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally decided to go with the Power Vision so I ordered it from Jamie (Fuel Motto) today.

I went with the PV because it should do what I want for now and would be adaptable to what ever I do in the future.

I'm not doin the mount or any of that. Just want to load my tune and unplug. I have the same type flash tuner for my F250 deisel.

Ricky

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am doing Rinehart 4" slip on's, V&H power duals and an intake (not sure which yet) in the near future. I am also looking for a tuner of sorts. but down the road, i would like to possibly do cams, and possibly some other engine work. is this something i should look into?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am doing Rinehart 4" slip on's, V&H power duals and an intake (not sure which yet) in the near future. I am also looking for a tuner of sorts. but down the road, i would like to possibly do cams, and possibly some other engine work. is this something i should look into?

Actually thats one of the reasons I went this route. If I do anything in the future (cams, 110 kit :D) all I will need is another map and I be set. Jamie at FuelMoto said he could hook me up with another one of his custom maps to match. You also have the choice of the maps at PV's website but I'll be staying with Jamie's.

Plus this one works with my stock 12mm O2 sensors but if I ever wanted to go with the wide band O2s I could. I would have to change my O2 ports on my exhaust and add the wide band kit but it is possible. All of the others i considered (TTS, etc) needed the 18mm O2 holes now and I don't wanna pull my exhaust off (heck I just had it installed) and have the ports redone right now.

Downside is that it's married to your bike tho, meaning if I sell the bike it goes with it but the one for my truck is the same way too.

It's not here yet but I will surely keep ya posted.

Ricky

·
Registered
526 Posts
You are going to love the PV on your bike. I have nothing but good to say how easy it was to install on my 2011 103".... My Glide runs great! :)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my PV in today. I will have to say Jamie at Fuelmoto was great. Had to call him twice within about 5 mins. The new software didn't run like it was showing in the book or on the videos so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Heck there was nothing to it. He had it ready to plug into the bike when it got here. He told me all needed to do was load the tune and it would save my factory map automatically.

Unfortunately I haven't driven it yet and don't think that I will get to till tomm. Wanted to take her to work tonight but dang t-storms are rollin in :mad:.

I will keep ya posted.

Ricky

·
Registered
614 Posts
Please keep us posted on the results.

Im currently running a PC V that was given to me but Id like to go TTS, SE Tuner or this Power Vision for any future mods.

I like the idea that the PV does not require a computer, since I run Macs at home and have to borrow a PC to do the MAP for the PC

·
Registered
153 Posts
PV

UH, have you had a chance to ride yet? I got the PV too after getting the 2-1-2 header, Stage 1 A/C and Fuelmoto 3.5 mufflers, and I realy like it. I had some "pinging" issues and called Jamie to discuss it, next day he had sent me a revised map that took care of the problem. That's 1st class service! My bike seems to run better, and still getting 48-52mpg. I was hoping for a significant drop in oil temps, but because the ECM operates in closed loop during cruise speeds, your still locked into the narrow band 02 sensors 14.1-14.8 AFR (LEAN!). It han't been a big issue, but I had oil temps approaching 260 today with air temps in the upper 90's and that's a little scary to me. I'm running Amsoil, so I feel I have a little margin but I still don't like to see it above 240..
Anxious to hear how you like your new set up..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't riddin it much but I did get a couple rides in of about 30 mins each.

So far the first noticable difference that I can tell is the heat. It doesn't seem to be near as hot on my right thigh, given our temps, as it had been. I will really be able to tell today on the way home because its in the high 90's today.

It seems to have good throttle response but it's not like a night and day difference from what I had before. I still have some popping in the pipes on decel that is about the same as before.

I haven't left it hooked up to take any readings yet for the autotune basic. I'm off all next week so I hope to get some more riding in on it.

So far I am still pleased with it. Especially knowing it can always be tweaked if needed.

Ricky

·
Registered
153 Posts
PV

I don't think you'll see any drastic changes due to the fact we're still running narrow band 02 sensors and they are going to dictate what happens during the closed loop portion of tuning map. Even so, my bike feels better for the most part and definitely sounds better. I was hoping to play with mine a little more while on vacation, but it's been SO HOT that I've hardly ridden in the last week. If you stumble across something while playing with the Power Vision, us know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts