Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'de share my experience with Paul Yaffe and Carlini for anybody looking to get new handlebars from either. 7 weeks ago I bought a new '13 Road Glide Ultra and that day ordered black 16" PJ Monkey bars. After 4.5 weeks they finally arrived I was so excited to put them on and after looking at them I realized the powder coat and welding on the front left lower bend is fuct up. Should have been caught before shipping especially considering they are about the most expensive bars out. 3 days of calling and emailing finally get a call saying they will see if they can bump another customer and over night me some as my bike is currently torn apart for new bars, and he will call back with shipping info. A week later and still no call back and I am sitting with crap bars.

So...I started looking closer at the 2nd and 3rd choices - Carlini Gangsters and Buky Bars Mad doggers. I decided on top of the fact I dont want to give PJ any of my money or put any of their product on my bike that the 1.5" offerings from these other makers I actually prefer them. So I ordered a set of Carlini's and spoke with Rex and he is overnighting them tonight so I can get them on before the holiday weekend when I plan to ride a ton! I have heard a lot more good thigns about Carlini compared to Paul Yaffe, dont know why I didnt just go right for em.

Will post pics when I am done. Also doing Kury floorboard extensions and HD adjustable hw pegs. PUMPED!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went with Carlini for the very reason of a 2+ month wait with Yaffe. On top of them treating me like absolute shit on the phone (I asked the lead time on monkey bars). Drove my fat ass to Carlini and walked out with my bars the same day. ImageUploadedByMO Free1369203835.950247.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow both of those look beautiful! Got a link to more pics of your bikes so I can drool while I wait for mine?

Medic-is that the sancho's fairing wing deflectors? How do you like em?

thanks!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I put a set of Yaffe bars on a buddy's RGC this past winter. Worst quality bars I've ever seen.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a tough decision between Gangsters and Evil Apes. I think the Evil's look better in Chrome and I am looking to add black to my BBP glide so I went with Gangsters. Both are BEAUTIFUL! Cannot wait to feel these bars on a mtn cruise.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put a set of Yaffe bars on a buddy's RGC this past winter. Worst quality bars I've ever seen.
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one to get shat on. 450 bucks for low quality bars is not cool. I was really set on them until all this happened. If I was set on that meat hook look the yaffe's have I would go with Buky Bars Mad Doggers or Malo's. From what research I have done their quality is high, unlike PY.

·
Registered
73 Posts
FBW - Dig'n those Evils!

Craig - I'm sure you will, but thought it was worth mentioning to be sure to change out your bushings when you do the bar swap. The polys that Carlini sent me were too soft for my taste. I went with Alloy Art's Gooden Tights on reputation and the reccom of another forum member and they're rock solid.

Throw some pics up when you're done. Looking forward to seeing black Gangsters on an Ultra.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mocking bars up where I want em, damn do they feel nice! 6'5 I should have done this to my last bike. Been riding around with my hands basically a few inches above my knees. Never again :D

Stay tuned for final pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mocking bars up where I want em, damn do they feel nice! 6'5 I should have done this to my last bike. Been riding around with my hands basically a few inches above my knees. Never again
F-That... Look'n good!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
250 miles on the bars and its safe to say I love them. It took about 100 miles to get used to apes, never had em before. Glad I made the switch. They handle better than I imagined. Also learning to lean more using the highway pegs which feels awesome

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts