Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debate, and input from others. I've just placed the orders for my 15RG. Here is what I bought for those who would like to know.

Called Biketronics as suggested and bought the RG speaker kit, he gave me a discount "John" nice guy, very helpful.

Sound stream PN4.520D amp fleabay

Cyclesounds, magic box

Crutchfield 8 gauge amp wiring kit

$555 for everything.

Probably will be a week or so before it all arrives, I'll post again on how it turns out.

Thanks for everyone's help and patience.:)

· Registered
10,586 Posts
After much debate, and input from others. I've just placed the orders for my 15RG. Here is what I bought for those who would like to know.

Called Biketronics as suggested and bought the RG speaker kit, he gave me a discount "John" nice guy, very helpful.

Sound stream PN4.520D amp fleabay

Cyclesounds, magic box

Crutchfield 8 gauge amp wiring kit

$555 for everything.

Probably will be a week or so before it all arrives, I'll post again on how it turns out.

Thanks for everyone's help and patience.:)
Where you putting the amp ? It won't fit in the fairing. I think your going to like the sounds. I had that amp now going on a year. SS does make a smaller amp with just about the same watts if you wanted to put it in the fairing.

· Registered
592 Posts
Rd Chris I don't know what you bought from biketronics but all you needed were the speakers bt477 6.5 @ 199.95 as for you amp I'm pretty sure it will not fit had a tough time getting the jl hx 280 to fit but doable.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called them and he said the magnet would hit, if I didn't have the spacer ring. For the extra bucks involved I get the grills and piece of mind.

I've read others using the soundstream amp, hopefully I can get it in there.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sent the seller a message, hopefully they will stop shipment and refund the money. I though I read some others used this amp in a 15rg, maybe it was the older model, I've read one too many posts!:(

I'll order the JL amp that you have once I get this cleared up.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at the dimensions of both the Soundstream and JL amp's a little closer,
and the SS is 5/16 longer than the JL. Has anyone tried to put in the Soundstream PN4.520 amp in a 15RG fairing?

I asked for a return but they had already processed the order, so I'll have wait for delivery to send it back.

· Registered
59 Posts
I had that amp in my fairing, HD must have really changed the dimensions of the fairing for the 15 models. It's a shame too, because it's a beast for under a bill.

· Registered
10,586 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://soundstream.com/store/car-audio/amplifiers/stealth/st4-1000d-539.html

Still not sure about fitment in the Rushmore fairing. I'd measure before buying or compare with other amps that have already fit.
I have that one on my watch list on e-bay also. It's a little smaller.
I may try to fit the one I ordered, if it doesn't work, my classic car does need a
amp might as well just keep it and use it there.

Dozer, has put in the JL amp but was a tight fit, time will tell when it gets here.

· Registered
10,586 Posts
You can always put it in a saddle bag.

· Registered
49 Posts
I think that amp will fit! If not under the deck rearrange the wires in top of the light & mount it there! A member on another forum just mounted a bigger SS amp right there! You'll get it!

· Registered
10,586 Posts
Yeah I know, but that's kinda a PIA when you need to remove the bags.

We'll see, like I said I could use in the car if it doesn't fit, just not the amp I would have picked for the car and went over budget from when I started this upgrade is all.
Also consider the fact that you may lose some of your radio reception too if you mount the SS in the fairing.
I didn't lose all reception, but it diminished it quite a bit. It seems it's hit or miss with the SS. Some folks have more problems than others.

· Registered
592 Posts
amp fitment

I know the jl was a tricky install the amp go's under the radio you must take the radio out.two 1/2 thick shims apox.1"×2" valcroed too the bike turn the amp upside down all wires to the left looking from the front then velcro amp to shims couple long tie wraps too secure amp.with the amp being upside down made it easy to access when tuning the amp.hook up magic box to speaker out on radio rca to amp.bridged the amp.new speaker wires to speakers and your ready to tune the amp.hook the radio back up and just let it sit there so you can move it to tune.dont forget to put bass and treble about 1/2 way I think the amp should be set on high pass,high volt the manufacturer tech line can with this.call biktronics for hertz think 100 is good.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good info, looking forward to hearing this. What about the software? Any ideas? I have some of the problems like the washed out sound and not remembering when it's turned off. I could careless about AVC and fade.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think that amp will fit! If not under the deck rearrange the wires in top of the light & mount it there! A member on another forum just mounted a bigger SS amp right there! You'll get it!
I found the link on the other forum. Pretty sure that guy trimmed off the wire mounts on the light and possibly trimmed the light housing where the top bolts hold the light. I didn't want to do that.

But I was able to test fit it and it will work. Had to use 90 degree adapters for the
RCA inputs. Had I not been using the low level inputs the high level would have been just fine. Don't mind the plastic bag, didn't want to scratch the amp, in case I had to return it.

Here is a couple pictures, still waiting on the speakers hopefully by next weekend they'll be here and I do the complete install.

Attachments

· Registered
10,586 Posts
I found the link on the other forum. Pretty sure that guy trimmed off the wire mounts on the light and possibly trimmed the light housing where the top bolts hold the light. I didn't want to do that.

But I was able to test fit it and it will work. Had to use 90 degree adapters for the
RCA inputs. Had I not been using the low level inputs the high level would have been just fine. Don't mind the plastic bag, didn't want to scratch the amp, in case I had to return it.

Here is a couple pictures, still waiting on the speakers hopefully by next weekend they'll be here and I do the complete install.
That's good to know. Let us know what you think once it's all back together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.