Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of Wild One 612s for my 13 RGU and a set of Avon Cushion Grips. Nervous as hell about doing the install myself, but I've got a guy I work with who has done a few bars himself so I'm sure all will be well. With the stock bars, I can't ride but for an hour before the ride almost becomes miserable. Keep me in your thoughts in prayers for not only the install, but also because I haven't told my wife of the purchase yet! :rolleyes: Plus side is, I got the bars for under 200 on Direct Cycle Parts!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Take your time and it will go well.
All the help I needed when I did it was found right here.
As for not telling the wife it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.:D:D

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Take your time and watch a video on YouTube if you can find one. I just swapped mine out. I used a link chain (like a ceiling fan pull chain) to pull my harness through. Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got everything pulled out! Stopped short of pulling pins out of the connectors. Tomorrow I'll make a drawing on the connectors and take them apart and start pulling stuff through!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't forget to test fit the controls and grips before mounting left side may need trimmed 3/8" to but up to bar. Don't Ask but i just bought the same grips need to change them out and i will trim my left side the gap drives me nuts.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've had the Air Cushion and now the Velvet ride grips and didn't have to trim the bar.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Throttle side complete! Fingers crossed I got it all right. I'll tackle clutch side later.
Pipe Bicycle handlebar Auto part Muffler

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both sides pulled through. I'll bolt it all up on the bike in the morning. So far it's been much easier than I anticipated. I honestly believe anyone could do this job
Auto part Pipe Wire Muffler Exhaust manifold

·
Registered
352 Posts
How are you liking the wo 612s now? I am thinking about ordering the same set. Did you get to use all stock wires without extensions and stock cables?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick, love these bars and grips! Much much much more comfortable over stock. Went from being able to ride an hour at a time to hours, all due to change in posture and arm height. With the 12s, you don't need any extensions of any kind. Stock cables and wires work with plenty left over. I highly recommend both the bars and grips. Very high quality

·
Registered
352 Posts
WO 612 outlaws

Rick, love these bars and grips! Much much much more comfortable over stock. Went from being able to ride an hour at a time to hours, all due to change in posture and arm height. With the 12s, you don't need any extensions of any kind. Stock cables and wires work with plenty left over. I highly recommend both the bars and grips. Very high quality

Hi Bro , I have a 1 rgu , I am wondering with these new bars are you able to sit back and move around on the seat? It seams with my bars ( I don't know what they are bought it used) but it seams like I am stretching so much I cant move in the seat at all I am looking at these WO612 also.
Thanks Duh didn't realize I already asked a question about these. Also would you have any pics of you on the bike and how tall are you?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Following this, I've been looking for new bars, can't decide on 12 or 10
wjco9 go with the 12 in I was looking at both the 10 and 12 inch Wild 1 outlaw z bars blacked out. I ended up getting the 12 in and I am very happy with them. They fell perfect. I am 5'11"

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, super comfy, no stretching and can move all over the seat if I want. I'm 5'11 with a 32in inseam. Don't have any other pics laying around and the poor bike isn't accessible right now (winter lasts forever in the north country of new york)

Reactions: RICKLB58

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yup, super comfy, no stretching and can move all over the seat if I want. I'm 5'11 with a 32in inseam. Don't have any other pics laying around and the poor bike isn't accessible right now (winter lasts forever in the north country of new york)

Thanks a lot Virginian I think those are what I need I am just your size and I love the fact that you don't have to change cables or wires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.