Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of Wild One 612s for my 13 RGU and a set of Avon Cushion Grips. Nervous as hell about doing the install myself, but I've got a guy I work with who has done a few bars himself so I'm sure all will be well. With the stock bars, I can't ride but for an hour before the ride almost becomes miserable. Keep me in your thoughts in prayers for not only the install, but also because I haven't told my wife of the purchase yet! :rolleyes: Plus side is, I got the bars for under 200 on Direct Cycle Parts!

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got everything pulled out! Stopped short of pulling pins out of the connectors. Tomorrow I'll make a drawing on the connectors and take them apart and start pulling stuff through!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Throttle side complete! Fingers crossed I got it all right. I'll tackle clutch side later.
Pipe Bicycle handlebar Auto part Muffler

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both sides pulled through. I'll bolt it all up on the bike in the morning. So far it's been much easier than I anticipated. I honestly believe anyone could do this job
Auto part Pipe Wire Muffler Exhaust manifold

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick, love these bars and grips! Much much much more comfortable over stock. Went from being able to ride an hour at a time to hours, all due to change in posture and arm height. With the 12s, you don't need any extensions of any kind. Stock cables and wires work with plenty left over. I highly recommend both the bars and grips. Very high quality

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, super comfy, no stretching and can move all over the seat if I want. I'm 5'11 with a 32in inseam. Don't have any other pics laying around and the poor bike isn't accessible right now (winter lasts forever in the north country of new york)

Reactions: RICKLB58
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.