Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine lasted one ride of 30 miles, unplugged went shopping, replugged and nothing. My J&M headsets work fine. Anyone else have problems with the OEM headset supplied with the RG Ultra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine lasted one ride of 30 miles, unplugged went shopping, replugged and nothing. My J&M headsets work fine. Anyone else have problems with the OEM headset supplied with the RG Ultra?

Mine never worked. Replaced...still nothing. Went wireless.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Mine is still sitting in the box. I had J&M headsets and just bought the proper lower cords. When I buy new helmets I'll buy J&M, been using them for about 20 years and only one failed lower cord (might have been self induced).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two that are 7 years old I'm still using, and a couple varying from 1-5 years old. Are you sure you have the cord pushed all the way into the headset?

Ahhh. Pulled all the way out and pushed back in. Now working. Think I’m going to make that a permanent connection. Thanks for the suggestion, my J&M’s are my two up headsets but I installed the H-D set in a spare helmet.

·
Registered
887 Posts
My OEM headset worked just fine for 70k miles. The second one got scrunched when it was left lying on the garage floor. Thought I would try something different and went with aftermarket that sounded like crap. Replaced it with an OEM. Still using them with the new bike and haven't even unboxed the one that came with the new bike - keeping it as a spare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine are 8 years old and work great , have to wiggle the contacts here and there but it’s better than charging a battery..

The PTT is awesome , we fought crosswinds and keying issues with the VOX sets for years..

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been using the same two OEM sets that were bought in 2012. I have had to replace the windsock and earphone covers a couple of times but no other problems. 70K miles on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts