Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vacation with the family the week before Christmas took us to Disney. On the way there I stopped by the Orlando HD Dealership. Pretty neat shop and the day we stopped they were having a customer appreciation day so all merch was discounted. Of course I took advantage of that and picked up a couple items, but now on to the best part...saw in person my 2 favorite 2019 Road Glides. Gotta tell ya, this CVO is hands down my favorite for 2019. Anyway, snapped a couple pics and trust me the pictures do no justice for these 2 Roadies...Wish I had the $ to pull off that CVO purchase...

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
When I visited that shop 21 years ago they had a 1983 FXDG hanging from the roof. Super-rare! Did you see a maroon Shovelhead above your head?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You just threw me for a loop, I was searching for the CVO's in your first post and was thinking ….man I must be blind!!…..LOL

After scrolling down to your second post....Oh Hell Yeah, that's a beauty (But I just can't get over a 40K+ motorcycle with no lowers)
Curious if you talked numbers with them. Just wondered if Fla was selling below MSRP?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I visited that shop 21 years ago they had a 1983 FXDG hanging from the roof. Super-rare! Did you see a maroon Shovelhead above your head?
Sure didn’t, guess it’s a reason to visit again if in the area.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You just threw me for a loop, I was searching for the CVO's in your first post and was thinking ….man I must be blind!!…..LOL

After scrolling down to your second post....Oh Hell Yeah, that's a beauty (But I just can't get over a 40K+ motorcycle with no lowers)
Curious if you talked numbers with them. Just wondered if Fla was selling below MSRP?
They didn’t have it ticketed, so maybe marked up? I didn’t ask because I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time seeing as I was not serious about buying it.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
They didn’t have it ticketed, so maybe marked up? I didn’t ask because I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time seeing as I was not serious about buying it.
Jeff your a better man then me. I would of wasted there time and probably left there on that Scorched Orange Beauty!! Glad there are none in my area to tease me...

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Jeff your a better man then me. I would of wasted there time and probably left there on that Scorched Orange Beauty!! Glad there are none in my area to tease me...
Ya. Far from home. I'd have been that PITA tire kicker just wanting to know everything. Lol. Which is a polar opposite from how I really am. I go in k owing and don't need test rides. Either I want it or I don't.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya on wasting time. Not that a CVO is even in my zip code price wise. I keep hearing how Dealers in Fla are making deals on new bikes. When Iam seriously ready to buy, I wouldn't think twice about traveling 1000 miles to save 2-3 Grand

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There a new member that just joined this morning, showing his new Scorched Orange RG. He bought it at my favorite dealer, that I frequent. IF I had walked in and seen that beauty, I would have said "Fuk It", and gone in debt and worried about being broke later.....LOL

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I don't even remember Orlando having a Harley Dealer when I lived there from '85-'93.

The red pepper one is my favorite.

Fortunately, I can't stop staring at my Road Glide. I think this will be my last Road Glide. Hope to keep it a long time.

Future bikes will me smaller, lighter, nimbler like my V7III Carbon.

The Slim keeps calling my name though. If it had tubeless wheels I would be very tempted. Maybe a used one will come across my path and I can get it cheap enough to change to cast wheels, or Harley will put out another S in the olive gold and I will be a goner.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I don't even remember Orlando having a Harley Dealer when I lived there from '85-'93.

The red pepper one is my favorite.

Fortunately, I can't stop staring at my Road Glide. I think this will be my last Road Glide. Hope to keep it a long time.

Future bikes will me smaller, lighter, nimbler like my V7III Carbon.

The Slim keeps calling my name though. If it had tubeless wheels I would be very tempted. Maybe a used one will come across my path and I can get it cheap enough to change to cast wheels, or Harley will put out another S in the olive gold and I will be a goner.
There was a family owned HD dealership in Orlando for years that was one of those small mom & pop dealerships. I forget exactly where it was but the story I heard is that they were forced into selling by the MoCo to make room for the newer modern shops. Seems like it was at the corner of OBT and Michigan St but that could be wrong.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ken, you are referring to Robison’s, which had been the Harley dealer for decades in Orlando.

Pop Robison refused to abandon that premises and move to a boutique superstore, as demanded by the MoCo worldwide in the early-mid 1990s of existing shops that did not fit the new plan (this was during the boom years).

So he stayed put as an unauthorized H-D dealer (for shame, MoCo, after all his years devoted to your brand) after he and his family were stripped of that franchise, and the shop the OP just visited opened in about 1996.

I preferred Robison’s. Pop served me with a lick of the pencil as he totted up my parts bill. It was a great place and he knew everything about bikes old and new. I suspect that advancing years mean he may no longer be with us, but is his Robison’s Cycle shop still there?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Ken, you are referring to Robison’s, which had been the Harley dealer for decades in Orlando.

Pop Robison refused to abandon that premises and move to a boutique superstore, as demanded by the MoCo worldwide in the early-mid 1990s of existing shops that did not fit the new plan (this was during the boom years).

So he stayed put as an unauthorized H-D dealer (for shame, MoCo, after all his years devoted to your brand) after he and his family were stripped of that franchise, and the shop the OP just visited opened in about 1996.

I preferred Robison’s. Pop served me with a lick of the pencil as he totted up my parts bill. It was a great place and he knew everything about bikes old and new. I suspect that advancing years mean he may no longer be with us, but is his Robison’s Cycle shop still there?
I believe the building still is but I think I was told the family sold it. I will try and contact my friend that still lives down the and see if it is. Was I close on the location?

Just found this article about a Robinson's MC Shop in Daytona. Is this the same family?

https://irontradernews.com/robisons-motorcycles-daytona-beach-where-everybody-knows-your-name/

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hey Jeff, thanks for sharing the pixs, we likey pixs here...Have a great time on vacation with your family and have a happy New Year. Save up your scratch for that CVO on your next Meet and Greet back home....Salute

1 - 20 of 36 Posts