Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arrived back home yesterday after a great ride with 15 mates. Clocked up 4509k's (2801 miles) in the last 8 days and have 6607k's (4105 miles) on the bike after owning it for 6 weeks.

Our run was over Queensland and New South Wales and went from Rockhampton > Barcaldine > Cunamulla > Lighning Ridge > Albert > Armidale > Toowoomba > Rockhampton.

Included lots of pubs and a tour at Lightning Ridge with a trip down the Chambers of the Black Hand.

Hit a small roo on my Road Glide and thankfully came away upright and unscathed. Not sure how fast I was going when we connected as I tapped the front brake to drop off some speed and held on tight. Doing around $1.30 (80 mph) when it came out of the small bushes near the road. I was bike 14 in the pack so was rather surprised when it leaped out at that point.

We're already planning next year's run, this one will be in north Queensland.

Edit: The map was done a bit before the ride, we took a longer route home and a side trip out near Albert.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
And

How did the bike perform? Awesome I bet.
That ride is in the Bucket and on the List.
A little more story telling would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
One of my great concerns when riding up to Cairns was encountering a kangaroo. Saw plenty of flat ones, but consider myself lucky to have remained encounter-free. Glad you're OK, and that looks and sounds like a damn good ride! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts