Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my girlfriend and I flew to Fort Myers Fl and rented a Ultra Classic and rode it to Key West. We tried to get a Road Glide but the dealership we went to didn't rent them. They said there was not enough demand for them. The last RG they had in their rental fleet got 6000 miles on it in one season compared to 20k on the SG and Ultras.
[/IMG]
The weather was absolutely beautiful there, it was in the 80's everyday. I'm wearing long sleeves because on the way from picking up the bike we got stuck in traffic for about an hour in Fort Myers Beach and I got a pretty good sun burn which later turned into sun poison, of which I am still suffering.

Beautiful views:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Sunset pier:
[/IMG]
Now time to party on Duvall St.
[/IMG]
SERG on Duvall Wed night, anybody here?
[/IMG]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Time to depart:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
This was the best vacation ever, anyone who get the chance should go. Something for everyone.
Just make sure you have pleanty od sunscreen:
[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like you had fun even though they didn't have RG's, maybe they don't rent them because those who know better already have one. :D

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I was down there back in 08 on my super glide which i rode down from CT. That duvall crawl got me damn it. Fun times down there. Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Great ride! Cool pics too!

We did it last year after Daytona. St Patty's day weekend is not the best time to be on a bike in Key West!

·
Registered
305 Posts
my wife and i rode down there from ft lauderdale last year. our daughter lives down there and works at rossmeyer harley in ft lauderdale i rented a street glide and wife rode daughters 883 iron. its another world down there. anybody that has a chance should do it very nice.

·
Registered
908 Posts
We rode down last year after bike week. It was fantastic. Love the shirt.
My wife and I are doing that again this year. We are staying in a Bed and Breakfast on Duval street three nights again.

We have also rode down during bike week, do the first week end of bike week, Monday ride to Key West, then back in Dayton for the last week end.:D

Every new bike I have owned has been ridden to Key West at least once, my 09 3 times. My 13 be there for the first time this year, the 12 was last year.

Love the ride between Key Largo and Key West.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts