Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody experience issues with outer wrist pain? i've been having it in my right wrist for a while now, but just yesterday, my left started acting up as well. and pretty fierce with it, too :/

it hurst just as much as my right wrist now. it's affecting my work (i work as an electrician), as my grip strength, especially at certain angles that tweak the outer wrist, has gone wayyyy down. i just feel a shooting pain when i lift even super light things when my wrist is bent to the outside. even holding it up in front of my with my wrist slightly bent outward, i can feel the sharpness of it.

i researched it, and all the supposed causes that were listed in numerous medical articles and websites are pretty much what i do on a daily basis.. i work in construction as an electrician, i ride my glide almost every day to and from work, and on the weekends, and i use the keyboard/mouse at home. i'm hoping to god that riding isn't the cause. there are other good candidates for cause lol..

just wondering if anyone else had the same issues and whether you got to the bottom of it... if the reason was your bike, how'd you fix the issue? i've been riding with apes for the past 4 years or so, and that hasn't changed since i bought my 17RG... i dunno, maybe it's the handlebars? they're pretty comfortable while i ride, and i don't feel the wrist pain when i ride. :/

any thoughts would be appreciated! thanks a lot for reading this shit, i know it was a crazy wall of text.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I was going to ask what handlebars you have, but you pretty much answered that, are they the same kind of apes, same height, pullback, and angles?
Also, what kind of grips are you using?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have carpal tunnel. The buckhorn bars on my Softail gave me that pain. Changed to apes for less pullback and the pain went away. My 15 Road Glide Special bars are starting to give me that same pain. So I'm in the market for some new bars with very little pull back. And maybe a couple of inches higher.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Anybody experience issues with outer wrist pain? i've been having it in my right wrist for a while now, but just yesterday, my left started acting up as well. and pretty fierce with it, too :/

it hurst just as much as my right wrist now. it's affecting my work (i work as an electrician), as my grip strength, especially at certain angles that tweak the outer wrist, has gone wayyyy down. i just feel a shooting pain when i lift even super light things when my wrist is bent to the outside. even holding it up in front of my with my wrist slightly bent outward, i can feel the sharpness of it.

i researched it, and all the supposed causes that were listed in numerous medical articles and websites are pretty much what i do on a daily basis.. i work in construction as an electrician, i ride my glide almost every day to and from work, and on the weekends, and i use the keyboard/mouse at home. i'm hoping to god that riding isn't the cause. there are other good candidates for cause lol..

just wondering if anyone else had the same issues and whether you got to the bottom of it... if the reason was your bike, how'd you fix the issue? i've been riding with apes for the past 4 years or so, and that hasn't changed since i bought my 17RG... i dunno, maybe it's the handlebars? they're pretty comfortable while i ride, and i don't feel the wrist pain when i ride. :/

any thoughts would be appreciated! thanks a lot for reading this shit, i know it was a crazy wall of text.
I had a similar pain every time I would ride and could never seem to get comfortable on the bike because of it. After swapping out two different sets of bars, I ended up adding the Arlen Ness Modular Bars that have the adjustable "elbows" that allow you to adjust the wrist angle. Although it did take me several attempts to get them adjusted properly, I can say that my wrist pain while riding is completely gone...I can literally ride hundreds of miles in a day.

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
While your bar shopping. Try putting the heal of your hand on the grip to straighten out your wrist. Helps me while I save my penny's for bars.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Just saying but have you had your heart checked. Wrist pain usually in the right wrist is a sign of heart problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts