Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look...beautiful bars...installed last season and have a couple thousand miles on them...today riding to the NE Shark meet after an hour or so of riding my wrists were done! Very painful position for these. looking for suggestions for replacements..,,would love to stay with wild1 as their bars are awesome but will consider anything at this point!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I have the WO515 wild 1 chubbies and love them. They are the 10". I probably would have been happier with the 12", but I still like them. Good wrist angle, and 4" wider than the stock bars.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
+1 except I have the 12". Most comfortable bars I've run on any bike. I do think that everyone's physiology differs and what works for 1 doesn't work for 10 & vice versa.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love the look...beautiful bars...installed last season and have a couple thousand miles on them...today riding to the NE Shark meet after an hour or so of riding my wrists were done! Very painful position for these. looking for suggestions for replacements..,,would love to stay with wild1 as their bars are awesome but will consider anything at this point!
I am seriosuly considering the Outlawz. Why now may I ask after 2000 miles you cant take them anylonger? Wouldnt you have found out before during thoses miles. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have always hurt my wrists...from the beginning. I thought I would get used to them, love the look. I did them myself and guess its worth re-doing to not have that kind of wrist pain. They may work for you....

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
Can anybody post a pick with the Chubbies ? Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
They have always hurt my wrists...from the beginning. I thought I would get used to them, love the look. I did them myself and guess its worth re-doing to not have that kind of wrist pain. They may work for you....
Thanks for the input. How much of an angle difference would say over stock? did they put your wrist angle out or angled in more with the Outlawz

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Which do you have?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just put on the Wild 1 0612's. Road for over 200 miles today and boy are they great. Great wrist angle and heighth.
How does the 12" Outlawz wrist angle compares to stock? Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
+1 except I have the 12". Most comfortable bars I've run on any bike. I do think that everyone's physiology differs and what works for 1 doesn't work for 10 & vice versa.
Agreed. I'm running 14" Outlawz and have no issues. In fact, my shoulders are more comfortable with these than stock since I'm no longer hunched over to ride. But Ranger75 is right...everyone is built different, height/weight/inseam/reach...so it's definitely not a one size fits all.

I was also at the NE Meet & Greet ... did we meet? Hahahaha

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wrote to Wild 1 and they stated "The grip angle is much better. It is neutral, meaning your wrists will be in alignment with your forearms".

·
Registered
299 Posts
Agreed. I'm running 14" Outlawz and have no issues. In fact, my shoulders are more comfortable with these than stock since I'm no longer hunched over to ride. But Ranger75 is right...everyone is built different, height/weight/inseam/reach...so it's definitely not a one size fits all.

I was also at the NE Meet & Greet ... did we meet? Hahahaha

Cheers,
G
How tall are you and inseam? Im 6-1 with 32" inseam. So I cannot decide the 12 or 14 inch. I want comfort on those long rides, but I mostly ride short 50-100 mile trips.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pushed them as far forward as I could today. Will try that. Had them quite a ways towards me, net even equal with the forks. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
How tall are you and inseam? Im 6-1 with 32" inseam. So I cannot decide the 12 or 14 inch. I want comfort on those long rides, but I mostly ride short 50-100 mile trips.
I'm also 6' - 6'1" depending on the day, inseam is 32 or 34 depending on who made 'em. Sleeve length for dress shirts is 34/35. For me, I put them in line with the forks and like the result. Shoulders are more relaxed, back more straight when I ride. Knuckles are a little more in the air, even behind my 14" windvest. I've been on a few rides with them so far...longest was 300 miles this past weekend. No problem. This weekend I've got 900 miles planned and I don't plan to change a thing.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm also 6' - 6'1" depending on the day, inseam is 32 or 34 depending on who made 'em. Sleeve length for dress shirts is 34/35. For me, I put them in line with the forks and like the result. Shoulders are more relaxed, back more straight when I ride. Knuckles are a little more in the air, even behind my 14" windvest. I've been on a few rides with them so far...longest was 300 miles this past weekend. No problem. This weekend I've got 900 miles planned and I don't plan to change a thing.

Cheers,
G
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. I have the 14 windvest also and was wondering how much taller my hands would be.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts