Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my air temperature gauge with an oil temp gauge. I noticed that the air temp gauge had a set of wires that went into the harness, one of which (the blue wire) is not used for the oil gauge set up. I was wondering if the ECM uses the air temperature when it determines the operational parameters? How will disconnecting this affect the operation of the bike? Just wondering.:confused:
I don't notice any change.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
When I hook up my Power Vision, the ECM reads a lot of temperatures. I don't remember each off hand, but I know there is intake, cylinder, engine, and a couple others I just don't remember the names of. Your ECM reads them and thats what adjusts your idle speed at warm up. With the power vision you can actually change what temperatures you want to what idle speed. I have mine to where it "warms up" real quick instead of having that damn high idle everytime I go to start it up.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
It is the ambient air temperature (outside air temp) it has noting to do with the ECM or the performance of the bike. It is pretty much a worthless guage, that is why people replace it with a oil temp guage.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It is the ambient air temperature (outside air temp) it has noting to do with the ECM or the performance of the bike. It is pretty much a worthless guage, that is why people replace it with a oil temp guage.
like I did... :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts