Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 rgs, can i bore my cylinders to put in bigger pistons? Will that increase hp. & torque? Is it better & cheaper to buy the big bore kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Do you have someone local that can bore the cylinders properly and get you the correct size pistons? If so, it is cheaper to go that way

·
Administrator
10,595 Posts
Yes , Yes and Yes .. But just boring will not attain much in the way of HP and torque ..You will gain only a few cubes at best .. You would do better to get a kit ...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had the stage IV kit installed when i bought the bike. I was thinking if i went .20 or .30 over on the pistons would help?? I have a local machinist to do the work.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had the stage IV kit installed when i bought the bike. I was thinking if i went .20 or .30 over on the pistons would help?? I have a local machinist to do the work.

Better look somewhere else if you are after more power, like have it tune properly if your stage iv was done by a harley dealer with only a flash tune. What exhaust you have? Going bigger without all the supportive accessories will not help. Maybe look at 107 or maybe a 110 drop in kit? Talk with shops, like fuelmoto, hillsides just to name a couple they will steer you in the right direction.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
You can punch them .005 or .010.

But that's just about reusing jugs, not gaining displacement. 103.19 is what the motor is oem. At 10 over you get a whopping 103.72.

If you want more inches, ya need to step up to 4 inch jugs. You can drop them in with steel liners, or cut the cases and use oem 110 iron lined jugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts