Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 cvo road glide. I would very much like to have installed a super sound system which will enhance the stock radio that came with my skunk. My first step will be to add speakers to the bag lids, amps, etc. There are so many options that I thought I would procure information from the research already obtained from those of you that have had experience doing so. I appreciate big, clear sound and am open to all ideas. Please advise. Peace.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your question will never get a correct answer. It's almost like asking who is the most beautiful woman and just when you think you have her named, another one comes along. Good luck with your system.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Will depend on how deep your pockets are and personnal preferences, probably the first two thing that come in mind. Are you willing to loose the bags to install amplifiers? The stock radio would go also with something better if you are serious about upgrading your stereo.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
My personal opinion, as long as you keep the stock head unit you're never going to come close to the best sound. With that being said, there's no correct answer. ..... a lot will be personal preference. But I do believe you can get a lot of sound without giving up the bag space.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
Lol, ITOLDU I think Q is setting us up....:eek: BTW, I just bought a set of Hertz HCX 690s from "torqu" so I plan to do a comparison between the Focal, Infinity, and Hertz 6x9's, I'll post my results. ...kind of expensive but hopefully it'll help others including the OP.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I'll let ya all know how the JL Audios sound when i get them in. Gonna be pushing them with the Hertz hdp4 150 x 4.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll let ya all know how the JL Audios sound when i get them in. Gonna be pushing them with the Hertz hdp4 150 x 4.
What JLs are you going with?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
They are going in the lids. Voodoo Bike Works make lids for these speakers. They also have saddlebags with holes already cut in them if you wanna go that route.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Lol, ITOLDU I think Q is setting us up....:eek: BTW, I just bought a set of Hertz HCX 690s from "torqu" so I plan to do a comparison between the Focal, Infinity, and Hertz 6x9's, I'll post my results. ...kind of expensive but hopefully it'll help others including the OP.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Dbell66253, I know what you mean. Q talked me out of the JL's this weekend. Torqu is trying to talk me BACK into them. I am going to stand on the sideline and clear for everyone. I wanna here what you determine on that comparison review!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts