Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished some work on my 07 and as soon as I turn ignition switch on the P&B fuse blows. First of all what does p&b stand for and next where am I looking for the short I created. I had the fairing off. Installed amp. Painted nachell. Had all gauges out. Ignition switch out. Thanks .. A electrical wiz Iam not.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Are your front running/signal lights out ? If so , check your wiring going to your left turn signal, or right.
If you pinched one of those wires by over tightening the the bolt, it will blow the fuse.
P&B = parking and brake

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Finished up working on ????? What exactly. There's obviously something grounding out. What exactly were you doing before this?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sounds like a pinched wire. Only way to find it is just trace all the wires in the area you were working. Definitely can take some time

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
is that supposed to be p&a? parts and accessories....

either way, if the fuse is blowing, then you've got something going to ground that isn't supposed to be

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
+1 on the front turn signals or at least this would be a good place to start looking.
Pull one front signal out of the fairing and let it hang and see if the fuse blows if it does then that signal is not the problem, then pull the other signal out and check if the fuse blows if it does then the problem is someplace else. Most of the time if the front signal wires short they will short right where the wires go into the fairing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have outer fairing back off with turn wires alright. Going to look at ignition wires next as I had that off also. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts