Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these in a newer vintage Roadglide (12 CVO), and did you have any issues with the magnet rubbing the inside of the outer fairing when using Hawg wired adapters?
This is my issue and I can not get the outer fairing set in place correctly, without stressing the plastic and leaving a gap between the in/outer fairing. I have tried rotating the adapters, but it hasn't worked.
I am about to take my adapters to my buddys mill and mill as much thickness as I can get away with and still have adequate support.
Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
I had those same speakers and then upgraded to the K series which have a larger magnet, my speakers barely touch the fairing, but I have Dynamat, I have a FLTRX, but that shouldn't make a difference. Are the adapters flush, and are they authentic Hawgwired and not from eBay?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the adapters are flush and genuine HW adapters. I doo have the dynamat, but even cut a section out for the magnet clearance. After a short roadtest, there is an obvious wearmark on the inside of the fairing

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill try and post pics tomorrow. I am having my buddy put the Hawg wired adapters on his mill and take 1/8-3/16" off each side of the adapter to move it closer to the inner fairing. Thanks for the replies, appreciate your input.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up date, Had 1/8" milled off each side of the adapters and rotated the offset, and there is clearance now and the fairing went on with out any binding. Happy camper here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts