Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Gonna just make this official:
The M&G for this year will be back in State College on October 6th, Saturday. We will plan to meet up at Local HD Dealership (#1 Cycle Center) at 11:30am. We can do a group pic there with the Iron Horse out front and then head out for lunch. If you want to shop around at the Dealership, try to get there earlier, maybe 11am, that way we can shoot to do the pic at 11:30 and then roll out for lunch. The lunch destination for this year will be a ride to Mifflinburg to The Rusty Rail, I will try and make reservation for us closer to based on the # of persons attending. After lunch for those not departing from there and riding back to State College, we can make a stop at the PSU Creamery for some ice cream, then those that are left can depart from there. It's about a 45 minute ride to lunch from #1 Cycle, fyi. If anyone attending is planning to stay in the State College area, post where you are planning to stay and maybe others will be interested as well in the same location (if anyone wants suggestions, let me know). Anyone that does stay Sat night in State College and is interested, we can figure out something to get together for some drinks in the evening.
As we have done in the past there is no rain date, so if the weather is crap and this gets canceled, we look to next year. Hope to see some familiar faces and some new ones. Ride safe everyone.

Let's start this conversation now so we can secure when and where we want to do this for 2018. It's been working pretty good by doing this in the fall, so lets continue with that. Either late Sept or early October? Anyone interested in the first Saturday in October, the 6th or the last Sat in September, the 29th? Then there is the where do we want to do this year's M&G at? We started this in State College several years ago, as I am here and it's pretty much center of the State. We went to Bill's Old Bike Barn out in Berwick, Pa for a year and last year we did Yuengling Brewery Tour. There was talk last year about wanting to bring it back to State College again (think our LI friends were interested in that maybe ??). I am open to anywhere that works for the majority that want to attend. Let's hear from those that are interested your thoughts on location and date that works....we will go from there.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Subscribed....New to your RG-org. Whatever where and when would be good for me....
State College, Pa Grand Canyon/Kinsua Bridge-Dam (Wellsboro,Pa), Deep Creek, Md, Gettysburg, Pa.(Ride set, need to adjust dates?) Johnstown with flight 93, are a few suggestions....Hope my nephew can ride his shark to this MG shindig... Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd like to make it out this year, missed last year. Oct 6 is currently open.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Unless something serious comes up, I am in. Look forward to these each year. Sucks that I missed Yuengling last year!

Reactions: Freaky and Kennyd

·
Registered
773 Posts
Poor planing on my part kept me from going to the Yuengling tour. I was at the restaurant and had a Blast. I'm in for whatever. Except for the week of Sept 5-16th I'm riding out to OK, TX LA... for vacation.

Reactions: Freaky

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I'm good with those dates. I'm liking Kinzua as I'm onlyb2 hours out from there. Gettysburg will be an 8 hour trip not saying I cant. But well see the date we set. I work 6 days a week usually but can take off any Saturday.

·
Registered
898 Posts
September 29 is better for me, I’m off Friday and can overnight, won’t hurt to check the Penn State football schedule...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
Looks like the Nits are playing Ohio State at home on the 29th...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Looks like the Nits are playing Ohio State at home on the 29th...

Well that means avoid that area. That's going to be a mess of traffic for sure.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that means avoid that area. That's going to be a mess of traffic for sure.
Yeah, I actually knew that it was a big home game on the 29th and if the decision is to come to State College, the 29th is NOT the date to do that. The Oct 6th is a non game weekend here, so Oct 6th if it's State College location.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Definitely maybe possibly interested :grin:
I might can ride up with Tim...
Cool. Love me some curvy roads and PA is close enough to not have to interstate it usually.

Reactions: Dickie and Kennyd
1 - 20 of 225 Posts