Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my inspection sticker on my cowbell, but I'm painting those eventually here so I need it elsewhere. Does anyone have one of the plates? Where'd you mount it? Where'd you get it? Anyone have one they can part with real cheap? Any pics?

Thanks!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Have seen a couple different designs offered in J&P Cycle....
Know anyone with plasma cutter that can fab one for you ??

·
Registered
740 Posts
Not allowed in NY because it is bolted on. I did it anyway.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
In VA it's supposed to be on the left fork......I have my plate attached to the top bolt of my left Caliper.

You can cheapies for like $5.00 most anywhere-----nice once for up to $40-50.00......UNless your going to paint a design in that Cowbell, Powder it rather than paint.... it'll last & hold up longer.......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Inspection plate

I live down in York Pa, when I first moved here a dealer said the plate had to be permently attached so they riveted on the left side back near the belt guard.
On my new bikes I just mount on left side using the lower crash bar bolt. You can pick up a plate at any dealer.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know what the penelty is for having it inside a saddlebag? I'm not liking the look of it on bike. I think it should be able to be kept with the insurance/reg.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Plate

It has to be visible, unsure if they would ever notice but who needs the fines. Also the the inspector is required to place it in a proper place

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
If not visible, you could get pulled over and fined / arrested for other violations. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone ever got pulled over with it on a bolt on plate? How'd it fly?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I got pulled over for speeding. Inspection sticker on a bolt on plate on engine guard. Cop never even looked for it. I know he didn't see it because we were behind the bike the whole time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have one of those chrome plates if you want it. I took it off of a used bike that I bought a few years ago. Shipping cost via Paypal and it is yours.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one of those chrome plates if you want it. I took it off of a used bike that I bought a few years ago. Shipping cost via Paypal and it is yours.
That's a great offer bud! Pm sent!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have a bolt in chrome plate. The dealership put it on when I bought the bike.

No issues thus far.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still can't understand why they need displayed on a bike. Can't see it going down road anyway. Goofy.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah my vrod had it on a plate on the back axle. Dealer removed plate, stuck sticker on fork and informed me when I got there to pick up that it wasn't legal. Sucks a little bit, but wasn't that worried.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts