Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this unit? I went to program it and it says to hold the button till the light comes on and it never comes on. Once I release it though it comes on and stays on..

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm sure you have the instructions but you might want to do a reset on it incase something went wrong before. You should hold the button with the bike in the off position, then turn to the on position and the LED will light up, then after releasing the LED will go off, then press the program button the number of times for the version of you PAC, when done the LED will flash the same number of times that you punched for your version, and if correct turn the ignition off. Then turn the bike back on and push the programming button and release it. The LED will stay lit for 7 seconds, then press for 5 seconds the button that is to be programmed based on their chart (the LED will go off during programming of that button and come back on when needed to move to the next button), repeat previous steps for the following control programs.

That is from their website but if all else fails throw it away and get the Hawgwired or Biketronics. They are simple plug and play.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure you have the instructions but you might want to do a reset on it incase something went wrong before. You should hold the button with the bike in the off position, then turn to the on position and the LED will light up, then after releasing the LED will go off, then press the program button the number of times for the version of you PAC, when done the LED will flash the same number of times that you punched for your version, and if correct turn the ignition off. Then turn the bike back on and push the programming button and release it. The LED will stay lit for 7 seconds, then press for 5 seconds the button that is to be programmed based on their chart (the LED will go off during programming of that button and come back on when needed to move to the next button), repeat previous steps for the following control programs.

That is from their website but if all else fails throw it away and get the Hawgwired or Biketronics. They are simple plug and play.
Thats my issue the LED never comes on to reset it.. I am looking at the biketronics I just didnt want to take off the fairing again!

But then I would have to resoder all the wires back to the stock connection.. Hoping to just get this working but isnt looking good..

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would try to have PAC warranty and send you another one before since you have already cut the connectors. If not I would go with the hawg wired just because of personal experience as I have it. My buddy has the biketronics on his street glide and its ok. You can get the hawg wired from Frank at Dragos on a little bit of a discount.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Good luck DS, I have the Biketronics and have gone thru a few with there lifetime warranty. I agree with earlier post if you can't get it to work try and get it replaced under warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, finally got it working, they cut the orange wire and now it works.. It seeks to to work ok. There is a few second delay but at least it works.. :p

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oddly enough it stops and starts working.. not consistent.. My issue is I took it to the dealer to install because I didnt have time. I am sure they made a mess of the wiring.. We will see.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Depending on what source you are using it can do that. My hawg wired only does it on USB. Everyone I talked to say its because a lot of radios don't have iphone 5 support that is great yet even if you update. On bluetooth I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I narrowed it down it looks like it only refuses to work while the bike is running.. while key is on there are no issues.. Stealer screwed up the resistors or the wiring I am willing to bet..

·
Registered
25 Posts
DS did you ever figure out what the issue was. I installed mine a few months ago and have yet to get the programing to work.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
If you ordered the schosche hd7000b it comes pre soldered with the resistors. Trouble free with mine. Installed mine myself. No issues.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
DS did you ever figure out what the issue was. I installed mine a few months ago and have yet to get the programing to work.
Did you cut the right wire on the motorcycle's wiring harness ? Check out my link. I got some good pics on what wire to cut. Schoche also had a bad lot go out. If you got one out of the bad lot you will have to cut and reverse two wires on the harness it self
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=170146

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Make sure the black wires on your Schoche wire harness are not reversed like in the image below. The correct way it should be is that the black ground wire between the red and yellow wire should have no resistor. It should just be a straight chassis ground wire.
The black wire between the white and green speaker wires should be the one with the resistor. If they are reversed and appear like they are in the image below, switch the wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Make sure the black wires on your harness are not reversed like in the image below. The correct way it should be is that the black ground wire between the red and yellow wire should have no resistor. It should just be a straight chassis ground wire.
The black wire between the white and green speaker wires should be the one with the resistor. If they are reversed and appear like they are in the image below, switch the wires.
No pics came through. I'm follow in this thread cuz i just got the PAC-SWI RC for my winter project

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
If you order the schosche harness, you do not have to solder any resistors. They are already soldered. The only thing you have to do is solder the pink wire per instructions.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Yes, the newer version for $100 is probably the way to go. It just came out recently. True plug and play with no programming.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
No pics came through. I'm follow in this thread cuz i just got the PAC-SWI RC for my winter project
Sorry, pics added. By the way. The PAC I got works great.

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
The scosche kit and PAC came together as a package deal. I also ordered the vtwin kit without the steering wheel control because I like their spash cover.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts