Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I don't worry much about my paint but I just got her back on the road after an accident and someone did a piss poor job of buffing it and I need to find someone to fix(buff)it. Can anyone recommend somebody that they've used before? Do any of you in the Seattle area do this work? I'll pay you, of course. I'm located in North Seattle and work in North Everett. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Normally I don't worry much about my paint but I just got her back on the road after an accident and someone did a piss poor job of buffing it and I need to find someone to fix(buff)it. Can anyone recommend somebody that they've used before? Do any of you in the Seattle area do this work? I'll pay you, of course. I'm located in North Seattle and work in North Everett. Thanks guys and gals.
Here you go MW

This will help big time.

Swomack

http://www.roadglide.org/71-paint-bodywork-section/297329-do-you-wish-your-paint-looked-like-brand-new-again.html

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Check out auto geek.net Lots of detailers on that site all over the country.

I would look around and see who installs a coatings in your area. Not saying you need it coated but if the guy is experienced and licensed to install it I would bet he knows what he is doing with a polisher.

I can almost guarantee that the body guy left buffer trails on that black paint, rotary buffer. They put some glaze on it and call it good. After the glaze wears off, buffer trails.

If its sanding marks or buffer trails, no big deal to fix. It does take a lot of time to do it right though. I polished out my bags the other day, my girls boots are a magnet to the bags. It took a couple hours to clean, polish out and re-coat them. I was taken my time though and having some cold ones

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Did you take it back to the shop that did the work? I can understand why you may not want them to do more work on your bike but they may buff the bike correctly at no cost to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts