Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2015 RGS in January. First time I washed and waxed it I noticed a slight defect in the paint on the right saddlebag, the part which you are looking at from the rear. There is a diagonal line that goes from the top left of the bag down to the right. I had the bike 3 months when I noticed it and figured I was SOL since I never brought it to their attention when I took the bike off the floor. I had it in for service today and happened to mention it to the service guy. All I mentioned was "paint defect" and right saddlebag and the guy cut me off....he said he had heard about it before. Apparently there's an issue with the new baggers on the right saddlebag but the MOCO isn't doing anything about it. He said he's even heard of someone maybe starting a class action. I thought he was just blowing smoke so I decided to stroll around the floor and check out the new bikes. Sure enough in three out of four baggers (both Road glides and an Ultra) I saw the same exact mark on the bag. Its not easy to spot unless you look closely, its a line that distorts the paint. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this. The bikes in the shop still so I don't have pics of it, but Im not even sure itll be visible in a photo...if you have a vivd black one like mine you can definitely see it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, its on the rear of the bag. If your standing directly behind the bike and your looking at the bike you will be seeing the spot. The pic you have is what I would call the "front " of the bag as it faces the front of the bike. But now you have me thinking...is there more than one defect? Lol....guess I have to wait till I get the bike back to check.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't remember seeing anything on the rear but I looked mine over pretty good after finding this spot in the lid. My dealer is pretty cool and ordered another lid after I told them about it. I'm still waiting on it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Meh, I would say dont let it ruin your ownership experience. If you look for flaws, you will always find them. Get some saddle time, enjoy your bike. The factory paint is doing to get dinged up on the road if you spend any real time out there anyways, just start planning your custom paint job ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, I Love The bike. This ain't gonna ruin anything. I just hate the Moco's response which is typical of them. We know we messed it up but we ain't Fixing it. If there's a lawsuit I'll jump on board. ....otherwise I'll just appreciate the bike along with its warts. ....however minor they may be.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Spotted same thing a week ago.

I had not read this thread prior to spotting it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The only thing I've noticed is that the paint / clear coat seems very soft and scratches more easily than in the past.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check the right side bag. If your bike is affected you should see the line going from top left going diagonal to lower right. Now that I know it's there it's the first thing I look at as I approach it. ..lol. :crying:

·
Registered
830 Posts
The only thing I've noticed is that the paint / clear coat seems very soft and scratches more easily than in the past.
A friend of mine with 2015 RGU CVO said the same thing! :surprise:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed the same thing, Also noticed that when the bag is off, on the inside of the bag which you dont see, the clear isnt that great, kinda blotchy, told my dealer about it, they said that since its on the inside and not visible, they wont dont anything about it. Cosmetic. Harley paint sucks anyways, when the bike gets paid off, I plan on repainting the bike myself. its gonna get chips here and there, unless you dont drive it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Me too, I'll be doing stretched bags this winter so I'm not to concerned about it.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Just a bump, this flaw is still there on new bikes at the dealer ('17s)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Did notice on some bikes at the dealership with that line and I figured that's just a mold issue and they didn't finish it off. On my 11' RGU I remember having big paint drips on the back and I was told that since I discovered it past the 90 days of the bike being purchased it wouldn't be covered. This time around I made sure to check my bags and sure enough it looks like they ran out of paint on the back of both of my bags and instead of Velocity Red Sunglo it looks like a darker shade of pepto bismol. So now I upgraded to the stretched bags and paid the difference minus 15%+tax.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts