Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had some harley bucks to spend at my local dealer so I bought one of these... LOW PROFILE DASH KIT: 08-19 TOURING
and stole the one of these off of my '08 bonneville...
always loved the monza gas cap in a GT-40/Shelby Cobra kinda way, this is my nod to that.
Now paint. I initially thought just go black, keep it simple, just let it be what it is... now i'm thinking it might be cool to add the billiard red into the mix. i have all three colors for the body work, i've got custom side covers and front fender that i painted factory colors...
Anyhow, i like the look, kinda art-novo...
Anyhow, it might be cool to paint the logical layers alternating B/R, B/R, or some variation...
any in-put?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,702 Posts
had some harley bucks to spend at my local dealer so I bought one of these... LOW PROFILE DASH KIT: 08-19 TOURING
and stole the one of these off of my '08 bonneville...
always loved the monza gas cap in a GT-40/Shelby Cobra kinda way, this is my nod to that.
Now paint. I initially thought just go black, keep it simple, just let it be what it is... now i'm thinking it might be cool to add the billiard red into the mix. i have all three colors for the body work, i've got custom side covers and front fender that i painted factory colors...
Anyhow, i like the look, kinda art-novo...
Anyhow, it might be cool to paint the logical layers alternating B/R, B/R, or some variation...
any in-put?
I would paint it the same color red the tank is to offset it with the black but that’s just me.
Great looking dash panel none the less.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,089 Posts
This bike is beautiful ! Really like the console, and especially the gas cap.For me I would paint the console the red of the tank along with the speedo and tac housing.The cap I would not touch. Really great upgrades congrats

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,649 Posts
I'd go with a red console and black cap to compliment the existing scheme. The silver cap would work too, just stand out more.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You could have it cleared and that will stop any rust. If you want to keep the metal finish. Red, black or as is, it will be bad ass.
Cover it in red tape and see if you like it, then black tape. Just to get an idea

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,089 Posts
What I like about this particular build is the attention to detail to keep it solid Carrillo rods, fly wheel,Resleeved cylinders THEN bore.Huge upgrade to brakes and rotors GP Mono tubes upfront not just a kit stacked on top of a substandard foundation I would love to see the build sheet and total on this beast. AND a Baker Grudge box.Note listen to the description of the Grudge box performance and warranty.
This is an easy 25 k in upgrades plus

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What I like about this particular build is the attention to detail to keep it solid Carrillo rods, fly wheel,Resleeved cylinders THEN bore.Huge upgrade to brakes and rotors GP Mono tubes upfront not just a kit stacked on top of a substandard foundation I would love to see the build sheet and total on this beast. AND a Baker Grudge box.Note listen to the description of the Grudge box performance and warranty.
This is an easy 25 k in upgrades plus
Did this somehow slip from the moonshine build post to this one. But I do agree

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Did this somehow slip from the moonshine build post to this one. But I do agree
Looks like it. I post at the engine related area .Great to see the winter customizing season is well under way.More to follow.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I almost want to order one and clear coat it. Love that look, much better than my $25 eBay Nassi knock off

Reactions: Mike U

·
Super Moderator
11,702 Posts
I have an authentic Nasi Dash and am very pleased with it. If I was looking for a new Dash I would definitely give RWD a look. I would have to have it painted Black tho. LOL!
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,263 Posts
I almost want to order one and clear coat it. Love that look, much better than my $25 eBay Nassi knock off
Bingo, that was my thought exactly - just clear coat the dash and cap assembly. Not sure that would look great with the paint scheme the OP already has, but it would look nice on an all black bike, or probably most solid color paint jobs.

Reactions: jstucker1976
1 - 20 of 35 Posts