Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my inner and outer fairing due to an accident I had on the way back from Sturgis. Outer is color matched inner is normal flat black, opinions go with color matched or gloss black? My RG is 07 Fire Red Pearl.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am a big fan of color matched. So clean looking. My friend is a painter with a paint booth at his house, hopefully doing mine this winter.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I am replacing my inner and outer fairing due to an accident I had on the way back from Sturgis. Outer is color matched inner is normal flat black, opinions go with color matched or gloss black? My RG is 07 Fire Red Pearl.
Just got my 16 Black Quartz. I did the painted color matched inner fairing and it is killer. Painted all the way!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Color of the bike here, too. The black is nice - but color matched is more of a difference maker than flat black to gloss black. One of the best mods for me, too. Right there in front of you all the time. :grin:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I am also a big fan of a color matched painted inner fairing. I was on the fence before I did mine, thought it may be too much. I think it complete's the look of the bike. Of course till you get to the next mod that will complete the look. Ha ha.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd man out. I'm a fan of gloss black inner fairings. I painted mine myself in gloss black, but added a little orange flake to add some flair. I think the new "specials" are what HD should be doing on all the touring models.

Nothing wrong with color matched, I just prefer a little contrast instead of everything matching.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

Color match it! The gloss black looks good on a black bike, but color matched looks finished! Especially with a pearl!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to go with color matched 07 RG Fire Red Pearl, I want to know if anybody out there would have a pint of that color. Harley paint only sells by the qt. imagine that!! Thanks Vic G.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Vivid Black goes with everything.....just saying.

I have had my bike in 3 different colors in 7 years, all with a vivid black inner fairing.

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
........ CG, i think yer just lazy ...... & don't wanna pull the gauges & radio & glovebox doors ..... :wink:
Yup, getting all the wiring back after the first time was a hassle, let alone 2 more times. Black goes with everything and the smooth of the vivid black is much easier to keep clean.

Calgaryglide

1 - 14 of 14 Posts