Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Please help. I pulled my inter for paint. Taking to a body shop so they don't have much experience with of these. Should I have them paint inside of the glove boxes or not? If not.......do you tape the lip and run the paint to the lip or did you paint the lip? How about the inside/underside of the doors.......paint or not paint? Last question......hinges? Paint or not? I'm going with vivid black so it they wont stand out that much anyway.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I've never seen the hinges painted. I would only assume the reason being is that it is a hinge. It would probably chip. Mine is getting painted real soon and i will not paint the hinge.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That gold leaf looks fine. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My hinges are sun faded so Im going to disassemble them and use auto trim black paint to bring them back to original look.
Yep, that is the perfect way to do it, I use SEM vinyl & plastic spray in "landau black" it's great for touching up all sorts of low gloss plastic parts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello guys. Please help. I pulled my inter for paint. Taking to a body shop so they don't have much experience with of these. Should I have them paint inside of the glove boxes or not? If not.......do you tape the lip and run the paint to the lip or did you paint the lip? How about the inside/underside of the doors.......paint or not paint? Last question......hinges? Paint or not? I'm going with vivid black so it they wont stand out that much anyway.
Don't paint the inside of the glove box, but when you are done, install the soft glove box liners. Saves wear & tear on what you put inside them and a lot less noise from items rattling around inside. I would paint just over the lip of the opening of each box. Don't paint the underside of the covers or the hinges. Visit your local Harley dealer and look at some others that have been painted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts