Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the fence with my new 2016 road glide special. I have the velocity red sunglo with the gloss black inner fairing. I keep going back and forth on painting it. Has anyone done this and regretted doing so.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I can meet you half way on that...I'm currently planning to paint my inner due to it having some "sun-burnt" spots that keep turning white on me. However I will be painting it to something as close to the original factory flat/matte black as I can find. Because I've always thought color painting the inner was rather gaudy.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I got the inner painted on my candy red sunglo 08 years ago and never regretted it. The painted inner just looks great compared to the flat black that the bike cam with.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I hated sharks until I saw one with a painted inner fairing to match the outer. I think they set the bike apart. I don't like a non black bike without a painted to match inner. I think it looks unfinished. Kinda like a new house with the brick done but the trim not painted yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Give it a Shine

I can meet you half way on that...I'm currently planning to paint my inner due to it having some "sun-burnt" spots that keep turning white on me. However I will be painting it to something as close to the original factory flat/matte black as I can find. Because I've always thought color painting the inner was rather gaudy.
I use shoe polish on my 02. It does a great job. Once every year or two. Try it, you may like it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
15 FLTRX vivid black. One reason I chose the RG & not the RGS was the flat black inner fairing. Less glare. I do think the color matched looks good on the darker colors but I don't like it on the lighter colors like the amber whisky. But to each their own.

I think having it pinstriped would also look good.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If I had the money to throw at it, I would buy the color matched inner fairings. If I keep the bike long enough, and the flat black fades, I might go for it.

Or maybe if I see one in person, might put me over the edge.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I go with the 50/50, rlaf75^ is da yea,

My silver&blk not so much..... in time soon I'll
Flex (rubber cover) primer blk it and satin clear, that jus me

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I never had any issues with glare. Glare is an over rated topic. It's no worse than you driving your car and the light may shine at you off of the car in front of you windows. This is goes in line with how you won't like the RG's because the headlight doesn't turn with the fairing bullshit. It's fabricated by people that have never ridden one

·
Registered
976 Posts
"This is goes in line with how you won't like the RG's because the headlight doesn't turn with the fairing bullshit. It's fabricated by people that have never ridden one."

Funny how the people who say that don't complain one bit about their car headlights not turning with the front wheels!
Lil Chief

·
Registered
685 Posts
I use shoe polish on my 02. It does a great job. Once every year or two. Try it, you may like it.
Now that's an interesting idea ... Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just had my done. Best appearance upgrade I've done. Love it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I never had any issues with glare. Glare is an over rated topic. It's no worse than you driving your car and the light may shine at you off of the car in front of you windows. This is goes in line with how you won't like the RG's because the headlight doesn't turn with the fairing bullshit. It's fabricated by people that have never ridden one
How does a simple question about whether or not glare bothers anyone with a gloss iinner fairing turn into a rant against anyone who asks the question and then assuming that anyone who asks the question has never ridden a Road Glide?

I do ride a Road Glide and mine has the flat black inner fairing. It works with my bike since my bike is Denim. But my buddy Mike has a Vivid black bike with the flat black inner fairing and he has talked about painting it. One of his concerns has been glare from the fairing, because glare from the radio on the Rushmore bikes is already a pain in the a&^.

A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Well, I'll even go as saying "welcome to RG.org dawgrgc1",
tell all your family & friends brothers & their sisters that when
askt for choices here each have their own saddle blistes

And don't expect the literacy to reflect our choice of a Roadglide,
That's how we care

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
How does a simple question about whether or not glare bothers anyone with a gloss iinner fairing turn into a rant against anyone who asks the question and then assuming that anyone who asks the question has never ridden a Road Glide?

I do ride a Road Glide and mine has the flat black inner fairing. It works with my bike since my bike is Denim. But my buddy Mike has a Vivid black bike with the flat black inner fairing and he has talked about painting it. One of his concerns has been glare from the fairing, because glare from the radio on the Rushmore bikes is already a pain in the a&^.

A simple yes or no would have sufficed.
The only thing that bothers me is when people who THINK they know make a comment on the glare but have never ridden a bike with a painted fairing. Just like the whole headlight deal. If you don't want or like a painted fairing then don't do it, after all it's your bike.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts