Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a paint pen like this? Wonder if it would work to paint the tops of bolts after you put them on

http://bit.ly/1cOiZr0

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Put a scratch in my rear fender. Went to the local auto part store and bought a gloss black "touch up" paint (similar to that) for one-third the price. Perfect match for the HD Vivid Black. But, hey, it's your money.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't referring to that particular one was just wondering if something like that would put out enough paint to cover a bolt head or if its more like a sharpie

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I've never used that paint pen. It should put out plenty of paint. I've used several other brands including HD Black Frame paint & it works great for about $6.00.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
It should work but you will have to scuff the bolt head to keep it from flaking off right away.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I have been doing is painting the bolts with spray paint but when I put them on and tighten them the paint comes off. So what I was thinking was to paint them first like I have been doing then after I put them on and tighten them up use the pen to touch up the wrench marks

You would think that as many people that are blacking out there bikes Harley or some after market company would make black bolts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use high heat engine spray paint to paint bolts and clamps, etc. I spray a little into a plastic dish and then use a small tipped brush to paint. Works great for me and touches up easy when needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts