Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a rookie mistake and dropped a torque wrench on my tank and chipped the paint. Can any give me an idea of what it might cost to have my tank painted at the dealership?

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
Hey Brent,

Welcome to the tank, sorry you joined under such circumstances but you've come to the right place to get a hundred different answers.

1. What year and color is your bike? Add the details to your signature so that others can help you much faster with your other questions in the future.

2. Most of the time the dealers don't actually do the painting, they sub out to local auto body shops that paint all the time.

3. If your paint is a factory color scheme, it may be cheaper to source a "take off" tank in the same year and color from someone else. There are all kind so of parts on ebay and craigslist from wrecked bikes and/or project builds that did not use the OEM tank.

4. Replacement tank from the dealer will vary in price from $800-2000.00 again depending on the color scheme, Vivid Black will be your cheapest replacement and CVO color schemes being your most expensive, usually. You can usually source a take off tank between 125$ (lowest I've paid) to about 600.00 (never bought one at that price).

5. When you inquire, have your VIN number of your bike, this will help the dealer ensure that the correct color is ordered for your bike, if it is the original color.

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
1,766 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts