Road Glide banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in the body/ paint section but got nothing. I saw one picture of someone who had the inner fairing and there hand controls painted to match the bike. I think my smoky gold with some chrome caps would be an awsome look but wanted too see if anyone else had pics of there inner fairing and hand controls painted to match the bike? I really want to see how painted hand controls look. I'm thinking painting the housings but get chrome master cylinder/ clutch.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have the control housings painted on my 1996 Fatboy. They have held up quite well, & they were done about 10 years ago, long before powder coating was available in my area. I would go with powder coating if I were to do it again. I had to use paint stripper to get all the old black color off of them & then scuff them so the paint would bite & it was tough sanding all of the small curves & crevices in the controls.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen a couple posts of them but mostly dark colors. I would like to see some more pictures of them to get an idea if I like them enough to do it. I would think paint would hold up fine, if it was a bike with no fairing I would say def powder coating. But i think the paint would be fine. I'll look into powder coating but I'd want a good match on color.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks guys, they are KST outlaws 10".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That turned out sweet. Did you paint or powder coat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.