Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Vent Screen branded Vent Screens that I purchased off facebook..... while in there I opted to buy a can of gloss black Krylon and put a few coats on the headlight bezels.

I think the screens really make the bike look sporty, would be a very easy DYI project for someone with a little time to trace a template and cut some metal mesh. Also like the painted bezels too- $4.00 upgrade that just makes the front end a little more cohesive in my opinion. Figured I'd try and pamper her before the polar vortex hits me tonight into Wednesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed my Vent Screen branded Vent Screens that I purchased off facebook..... while in there I opted to buy a can of gloss black Krylon and put a few coats on the headlight bezels.

I think the screens really make the bike look sporty, would be a very easy DYI project for someone with a little time to trace a template and cut some metal mesh. Also like the painted bezels too- $4.00 upgrade that just makes the front end a little more cohesive in my opinion. Figured I'd try and pamper her before the polar vortex hits me tonight into Wednesday.
Nice work! Looks very sharp!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Sometimes the simplest touches make a huge difference! Looks great!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That looks great, really like the gloss black on the headlight bezels also. It isn't always the big / obvious changes that make a difference, subtle touches like this really add up and make a difference in the appearance. Good Job.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I did the same thing to mine. It just went so much better with my gloss black paint job. I got a $5 piece of gutter guard to make the vents from Home Depot and a can of spray paint. It was the finishing touches to go with my CD Trubeam headlight.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I know you have to take front fairing off but how do you attach the vent screens to the fairing? also looking at doing this looks sweet.
The two side ones are held in place by the two pieces that are getting painted gloss black and the outer fairing. They sit in a little groove...almost like they were designed for a screen to sit in them. :grin:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Like was already said, you take the bezels off either side of the headlight and fit the vent screens into the air ducts. There is already an indention inside the ducks, and these screens sit right inside those indentions (would be super easy to trace out a template and just cut some gutter guard on your own and paint whatever color you prefer).

To hold these captive, you will put the bezel(s) back on and screw them back into place- once you do that, the screens are held captive and aren't going anywhere. When you put the outer fairing back on, it will overlap the opposite side/outside of the duct (that the bezel isn't on) and clean everything up and keep everything looking like it belongs! I've attached a photo with the outer fairing off, so you can see the bezel holding this in place and also the shape of the duct and how the screen fits inside.

I know you have to take front fairing off but how do you attach the vent screens to the fairing? also looking at doing this looks sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have FUN.... super easy mod that really is going to hook you into the bug of modifying!! Once you take the top vent off, make sure you unplug the turn signals from their quick detach mounts. Those are the only two (one for the right side and one for the left side) plugs you have to worry about and the rest are just taking out bolts.

Take your time and remember, slow is smooth, smooth is fast!!

Here's a video for reference of those plugs you are going to disconnect:

.... and here's a video to watch for a safe/easy way to remove the outer fairing:

Thanks for info going to try this myself.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks great on your Roadglide......Anything helps to make it look better than stock!!!So many stock looking bikes out there....Meh
Congrats and keep it modding!

·
Registered
47 Posts
roadglideinmo, when you painted your bezels, did you sand them at all or just wipe them down clean and paint?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts