Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a few cans of metallic gloss black (for 2013 Kawasaki Concourse 14) from Colorite. I got a few cans of clear and a can of adhesive promoter. Removed all the fairing pieces, cleaned them good with dawn, scratched them with a scotch bright pad, degreased and tack cloth'd them. Sprayed with promoter, 3 coats of black and 3 coats of clear. There are a few flaws, but nothing bad. Looks way better than the cheap black plastic from HD. I also replaced that crapped plastic trim with real rubber u-channel that's now glued down well.

This is JtB , I am stickying this old thread I resurrected as some of you may want to do this , i was gonna and didn't .. Now I am likely gonna ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Shake rattle and roll. Good savings right there. As long as you're a happy customer that's all that matters.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack, no problem with armourall. I used it before too. Dawn gets it out.
Here's a close up of the color.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
My one buddy is a manager at a body shop and a hell of a painter,so we just trade labor he does my paint,and i machine his parts,works out well for both of us,Hats off to you for doing it your self,nothing like good old american know how

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Congratulations, looks good.... unfortunately not everyone is good at painting, trust me, I know...:eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jack, It took two cans of color and two cans of clear. One can of degreaser and one can of adhesive promoter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The promoter works with every surface. But plastics need it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No sanding or buffing

·
Super Moderator
9,732 Posts
well you convinced me with this to rattle can , cause I sure wasn't gonna pay thru the nose for someone to spray and I was pondering spraying it myself

rattle can a lot easier , tho the paint is kinda spendy , but what the hey

get the snout off and do the front suspension and really thinking of redoing the trim colors while I am at it

JtB

1 - 20 of 92 Posts