Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Daytona today for biketoberfest. While I was there I got the inner painted fairing from "Fairing X-Change". The paint match is great, took just under an hour for them to get it done. I almost did this in march during bike week but held off, glad I got it done today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. Did you have to pre make an appt or did they happen to have your color in stock?
Nope, no appointment. Its amazing how many fairings they have and how many colors. They have multiples of each color.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I looked at them in Sturgis this year. The fairings looked great. They didn't have my color. The painted inner fairing really sets the bike off. Congrats on setting yours apart from the crowd.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
looks sharp Taz

Reactions: Taz_FL

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind me asking, what'd it run you?
Don't mind at all. It was $699 + tax and of course your inner fairing in exchange. It consists of inner fairing, top piece of inner fairing (upper vent area), glove box doors, speedo/tach complete housing as well as the piece that covers/encloses the triple tree.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's the single greatest cosmetic improvement you can make if your bike comes with that cheap black plastic stock inner. That's my view.

But then I would say that .. I paid the dealership pre-delivery for that, and it was $1800Aust (about $US1200) for the premium kinetic green!!!! And I threw the original inner in the dealer's trash skip - what was I gonna use it for?. That was my costly version of fairing exchange LOL

But I love the upgrade.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,103 Posts
+1 I totally agree with "kiwidave". Having the inner painted to match is the single biggest improvement you can make (cosmetically) to a Road Glide. It's one of the first things that catches my eye when I look at a line of RGs. That looks really classy Taz, money well spent.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Definitely the way to go. Looks great

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Looks great. My buddy that just bought a 19 RGU in Velocity red will be getting his done in may when Paul is in Ohio.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Don't mind at all. It was $699 + tax and of course your inner fairing in exchange. It consists of inner fairing, top piece of inner fairing (upper vent area), glove box doors, speedo/tach complete housing as well as the piece that covers/encloses the triple tree.
Wow....That's worth going to a rally.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Congrats bro, bike looks killer...painted fairing gives a very clean look, complete with the Bars...Well done. ...I did this a few winter mods backs and makes a big difference in looks....Congrats.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Money well spent. Looks great. Both my old and current sharks came with that setup but I'd spend the coin in a heartbeat if they didn't.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Went to Daytona today for biketoberfest. While I was there I got the inner painted fairing from "Fairing X-Change". The paint match is great, took just under an hour for them to get it done. I almost did this in march during bike week but held off, glad I got it done today.
Paul does remarkable work for a fair price. In my opinion, its one of the best mods because its one of the few mods you actually see while you're riding. A derby cover, lighting, etc etc, you can only see when you're not on the bike, but a painted inner is a joy to see all the time.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Nope, no appointment. Its amazing how many fairings they have and how many colors. They have multiples of each color.
I looked at them in Sturgis this year. The fairings looked great. They didn't have my color. The painted inner fairing really sets the bike off. Congrats on setting yours apart from the crowd.
If you have Vivid Black, not usually an issue :), but if you are thinking about it I would contact them and make an appointment to be sure he'll have one for you. An impulse purchase is risky because he may not have your color, especially toward the end of a rally.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
If you have Vivid Black, not usually an issue :), but if you are thinking about it I would contact them and make an appointment to be sure he'll have one for you. An impulse purchase is risky because he may not have your color, especially toward the end of a rally.
Exactly. He makes it easy.
Just call Paul. Set up an appointment at the nearest rally to you. He takes a 100$ deposit and your spot is open when you get there.

It is the absolute best mod. AMD for the money hes charging it's an easy decision.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hellinabucket does make a very good point. Its amazing how many colors they have stocked and ready to go. However, if you contact him ahead of time and make an appointment you will be guaranteed to have the color needed to get your bike done.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts