Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding the HD Midframe Heat Defector to my 2013 RGC and like the way these look painted to match the color of the bike.

For those of you that have painted these, do they get scratched up easily. It seems that your leg would rub against them every time you stop. (like I said I don't have these today, so am not sure about this).

Thanks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I am thinking of adding the HD Midframe Heat Defector to my 2013 RGC and like the way these look painted to match the color of the bike.

For those of you that have painted these, do they get scratched up easily. It seems that your leg would rub against them every time you stop. (like I said I don't have these today, so am not sure about this).

Thanks.
All depends on how long your legs are and your seating position. I will say that if you are going to paint them, take your time with prep. Make sure you use the proper adhesion promoter/primer/paint, etc, or the paint will just flake off.

·
Administrator
10,507 Posts
No issues with your legs rubbing , my issue was they seem to generate plenty of unneeded heat , especially in stop and go traffic , so I took mine off ..

JtB

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got mine from PHF and Paul and his group did a great job.
I have no problem with my legs rubbing with my stock seat.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No kidding...that looks great in blue.....can a 06 be retrofitted easily for these?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have no idea if it will fit an 06 but hey shoot Paul a email and ask.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hate bumping an old thread, but where can I get a set of factory color matched heat deflectors?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Check out Paul at The Fairing Exchange. He just did my Ciro bag extenders. He has the mid frame deflectors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts