Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painter the stock cowbells? Do you go with an afterwarket one instead that is smoother?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had mine powder coated for $45.00. I have had no problems with the finish, and they look great. They match my lowers. I powder coated them both black, so my whole fork assembly is now black. I love the look.:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had mine painted by a 3rd party painter who does a lot of work for the HD dealer around here. Mine look great, seams on the back turned out just fine. Mine are also clearbra'd so I shouldn't see any unsightly rock chips :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had mine painted by a 3rd party painter who does a lot of work for the HD dealer around here. Mine look great, seams on the back turned out just fine. Mine are also clearbra'd so I shouldn't see any unsightly rock chips :)

clearbra'd?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm having ng mine done when I get the inne and speaker pods painted this winter.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
If painting with epoxy paint yourself, has anyone ever done the lowers and cowbells with them still on the bike?

Never done/had it done but the local painter that does all the dealership work does do exactly that......I've never heard anything bad and everyone I've seen has looked really freaking nice

·
Registered
196 Posts
clearbra'd?
Yeah, clearbra'd. Same as when you get the clearbra on your car hood/headlights. A guy out here does a great job and puts a clearbra over the forward facing surfaces on the front fender, headlights, saddlebag tops, side covers to protect them from the riders shoes, the front of the saddlebags (area directly behind the riders heels). That's all standard with their regular price, I paid a little extra for him to do the cowbells and the glove boxes since my inner fairing is color matched. It looks great, can't even tell its there... clearly from the pictures (no pun intended).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh ok, I use a product called Opti-Coat. You have to have it professionally installed, its great, protects against scratching, and minor incidents.....If its to deep then you have it stripped off, and re applied, you never see the imperfection..... As a bonus side affect, if your bike is dirty just spray with a hose and dry, and your bike looks like you just spent an hour or so washing it!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I know a local guy that painted his stock cowbells and lower forks on his 13 SG and they look great. I'm planning on trying it this winter I think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was considering painting the uppers, hadn't seen any pics until now. Damn they look good. Anyone know if the paint code for 2015 whiskey amber is out?

Scoots

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I was considering painting the uppers, hadn't seen any pics until now. Damn they look good. Anyone know if the paint code for 2015 whiskey amber is out?

Scoots
PPG code for Amber Whiskey is 934718

It is one of the dreaded PPG factory packs and your local PPG autobody supply jobber can order it for you but its $300 per pint just for the special effect layer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
PPG code for Amber Whiskey is 934718

It is one of the dreaded PPG factory packs and your local PPG autobody supply jobber can order it for you but its $300 per pint just for the special effect layer.
Ouch. Um, chrome looks good too.
Thanks for the paint code.

Scoots

1 - 16 of 16 Posts