Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have my switch housings painted over the winter (yes I know even at 5 letters, it's still a four letter word) Question is how or what should I use to make sure there is no brake fluid left on the reservior?

Thanks inadvance.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I'd use a solvent tank first, and clean it up with that. Then after its dry, take it to the sink with warm soapy water and scrub it again. Lastly I'd take some wax and grease remover and give it a good scrubbing once again. Brake fluid is one of those things that could totally kill your paint job if not 100% cleaned off.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I'd throw up some pix of the finished product. Ended up powder coating the uppers rather than painting for durability reasons.

Good Hues in Derry NH did a great job of matching as close as possible to the factory paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
They look good. Can you give me the info for your PC.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Gja..... do you have ABS on your bike? I want to get all my controls powder coated buti hear that if you take the front master cyclinder off a ABS bike you cannot bleed the brakes yourself, the dealer has to hook it up to computer to bleed.... anyone have any insight on this?

Gja... that looks awesome. Good job!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Donk, the bleeding on the ABS does require that it needs to be hooked up to the digitech. I think you can bleed them the traditional way and get pretty close, and then you could take it by the shop and let them finish it but I think it has more to do with the computer than anything else.

GJA, the controls look sweet!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gja..... do you have ABS on your bike? I want to get all my controls powder coated buti hear that if you take the front master cyclinder off a ABS bike you cannot bleed the brakes yourself, the dealer has to hook it up to computer to bleed.... anyone have any insight on this?

Gja... that looks awesome. Good job!
Sorry Donk, I have a non ABS bike.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I talked to the dealer about painting the inner and switch housings, they said they had never seen that done. After seeing your post, I assured them, how good it looks!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts