Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2015 RG that I am trying to figure out how to pair all the above together. I have been able to pair the phone with the Boom and have it play music, show calls, and beep when text messages come in. I have also been able to pair the phone with the Schuberth C3 Pro with SRC head set. I have not been able to get all of to work together, I would like to be able to have the music playing through the Boom system AND in my headset at the same time. I would also like for the calls to show up on the Boom screen and be able to answer. Does anyone have any info on how I can make this happen?
Oh and also how do I set the Boom audio to always go to a certain preset, Right now everytime I start the bike it goes to WB1 and then I have to change it, kind of a pain in the ass.
I would be willing to pay someone to figure this out for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
As of 19.0, the Boom! unit does not have the correct Bluetooth profile to pair with any Bluetooth headset. I'm in the same boat here, with a C3+SRC that doesn't work.

Rumor has it that support for Bluetooth headsets in the works, but it's just a rumor. I'm running the wired connectors when I get a little time...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have heard too that the headset is a no-go at this point. I'm sure it probably has
to do with Harley wanting to make sure you're stuck with using only their headsets.
Being able to call them "bluetooth" yet still keep the propriatory is gonna be tricky.
I could care less about pairing my phone, but headsets would be handy.

At this point they can't even make the AVC work consistently, so I'd imagine
bluetooth is a stretch..........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am extremely bummed, The whole reason I spent that much on the helmet and SRC is so that I could take work calls and everything. The SRC works great and I had a 45 min conference call on it Sunday while riding but still want it to work through the Boom system and play music while still paired to the headset.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this set up work? Is there a way of wiring it in and making it work?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
So I have a 2015 RG that I am trying to figure out how to pair all the above together. I have been able to pair the phone with the Boom and have it play music, show calls, and beep when text messages come in. I have also been able to pair the phone with the Schuberth C3 Pro with SRC head set. I have not been able to get all of to work together, I would like to be able to have the music playing through the Boom system AND in my headset at the same time. I would also like for the calls to show up on the Boom screen and be able to answer. Does anyone have any info on how I can make this happen?
Oh and also how do I set the Boom audio to always go to a certain preset, Right now everytime I start the bike it goes to WB1 and then I have to change it, kind of a pain in the ass.
I would be willing to pay someone to figure this out for me.

Thanks
On my 16 I first pair the iPhone with the boom system, once that is done, I turn on the Sena 10 in my helmet. Once it connects with the iPhone, the music will play thru the headset and show up on the boom screen. When I use the Nav system on the Boom, the Nav will show on the screen with the song playing at the bottom. I don't get the directions thru the Sena 10 but I can hear the directions from the Boom. Sena will be coming out with a unit that wires into the headset wires on the back of the Boom that will bluetooth what's coming out of the Boom then transmit it to your Sena or in your case the Schuberth system. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You need the Sena Freewire. Otherwise just pair the phone to the Headset and use it for phone calls and listen to the Boom over the bikes speakers. What you want to do makes too much sense and would be a really good option for consumers, its just not possible now, 3 years into BOOM in 2017, go figure.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quick question:

Can I leave my Sena 20S paired only to my phone, never been paired to the bike and use it to control my phone while the phone is paired to the Boom? Basically I want to be able to use the Sena to make/answer calls on my helmet, independent of the Boom. If the Boom display shows me the caller id, thats great and a plus, but I want to answer the call by pressing my headset answer button and just lower the Boom music audio volume from my handlebar control or press mute. I dont care if I have to connect my phone to the Boom with the USB port to do this, it actually gives me more volume than the Bluetooth does.

I dont care to control Boom from the Sena or answer a call from Boom, I can do all that just fine with the Sena alone. I do want to be able to play music from my phone over Boom though.

I assume I can do this just fine with the radio tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.