Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family is vacationing in Panama City Beach in about 6 weeks. They want to lay around on the beach. I want to rent a bike and ride.
Who has been there? Fill me in on where to go!

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Get on hwy 98 and head west to Pensacola Beach.it's a short days ride , up and back.
Head east on 98 into Port St.Joe . You can ride out onto the peninsula state park there. A good half day ride. Plenty to see , but no real nice riding roads, straight & flat in the Panhandle.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree, Highway 98 is gorgeous. I used to live in the Ft. Walton Beach area many years ago. I got back for the first time about 2 years ago. Here are a couple of photos from that trip. these were all from either Ft Walton Beach or Destin, depending on the picture. Highway 98 will take you within a couple hundred yards of where these were taken when you are riding down Okaloosa Island.

My Wife and Daughter on the Beach.

My Wife on the Beach.

My Wife at the Beach.

Sunset across the Gulf of Mexico.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. How is the traffic? Are we talking 4 lane interstate, two lane, etc?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Some of it is 4-lane divided highway and a lot of it is two lane . The scenery is great even if there are no turns.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great. I'll be there!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Traffic will be a nightmare , and thats being nice .

Several here in the area and I'm a short three hour ride down

Maybe a Meet n Greet is in order

JtB
I'm local to the area, my riding preferences are mostly East of PC, Mexico Beach, Cape San Blas, Carravelle...

Jack, let me know if / when you are coming down this way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts