Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paralleling 4 ohm speaks question and amp question. I’m Looking at both these amps and -‘ 8 speaker set up.

BT2250.14 - 250W RMS X 2 FOR 2014 UP

250 Watts x 2

Speaker Setup
2 ohm: 2 speakers
4 ohm: up to 4 speakers (2 pair) in parallel

How much wattage will each speaker get using this one amp and 4 speakers in Parallel?

BT4180.14 - 180 WATTS RMS X 4 FOR 2014 AND UP

180 Watts x 4

Speaker Setup
2 ohm: 4 speakers
4 ohm: up to 8 speakers (4 pair) in parallel

How much wattage will each speaker get using this one amp and 8 speakers in Parallel?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've asked this to the folks at BT in the past and according to Mike/Donna the 2250 will give you about 170W to each speaker with four 4-ohm speakers in parallel and the 4180 will you give you about 120W to each speaker with eight 4-ohm speakers in parallel. Same ratio goes for the 2180, about 120W to four 4-ohm speakers in parallel.

The nice part about the BT amps is the wiring is easy. Just wire each set of speakers straight to the amp and the paralleling takes place internal to the amp.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm I’m now thinking of cerwin Vega B52 amps 2 of them and parallel them both for 8 speakers 125 watts rms to each speaker but not sure what would be best speakers to run that will handle that and have a wide frequency range for highs and lows as well to almost sub frequencies.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hmmm I’m now thinking of cerwin Vega B52 amps 2 of them and parallel them both for 8 speakers 125 watts rms to each speaker but not sure what would be best speakers to run that will handle that and have a wide frequency range for highs and lows as well to almost sub frequencies.
I've chimed in on a couple of your threads and to be honest brother I'm confused as hell and not exactly sure what your goals are. I'm no expert by anyone's definition but will be glad to share the experience I do have. Based on the different threads out there I think you'd be very well served by putting in a call to Mike at Biketronics and explain to him what you want and he can get you started. Their amps are as easy as it gets and they carry the speakers you've mentioned several times (Hertz ML1650.3 and 165.3) and they will support you on the install.

Just about anybody can slap a good set of speakers in the front fairing and tune a decent amp and be down the road pretty quickly. Eight speaker systems are a whole different animal - that requires clear goals and a solid plan or you're going to spend a ton of money and end up with a system that doesn't work well together and then you'll spend a ton more changing crap to try to get it right. For 8 speakers you're going to need at least 2 amps and probably 3 (depending on what type of speakers end up where) to do it right. The key is getting stuff that works well together and tuning will be super important. That's the downside of the BT amps - no knobs to tweak.

Call Mike, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a cerwin Vega B52 amp was thinking of another parralelling the Hertz MLK 1650.3 Legends. I’m fairing and lower pods parralelling them for 125 watts RMS per speaker, use line levelers and I can get my stock radio flashed. Also tour pack pods will get same MLK 1650.3 legends and the lids will get Hertz MPX 690.3 Pro 6 x 9’s parraleled with the tour pack pod speakers again 125 watts RMS per speaker if math is right. I’m been researching and researching asking stupid questions and people like you chime is helps and all I’m doing this is sections at a time but need leads to plug and play harnesses for 2 amps 8 speakers hide ones I don’t have yet and once installed plug up without any removal of anything but seat to get to extra plugs to plug up.and front lower pods just pull down attack click done.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a cerwin Vega B52 amp was thinking of another parralelling the Hertz MLK 1650.3 Legends. I’m fairing and lower pods parralelling them for 125 watts RMS per speaker, use line levelers and I can get my stock radio flashed. Also tour pack pods will get same MLK 1650.3 legends and the lids will get Hertz MPX 690.3 Pro 6 x 9’s parraleled with the tour pack pod speakers again 125 watts RMS per speaker if math is right. I’m been researching and researching asking stupid questions and people like you chime is helps and all I’m doing this is sections at a time but need leads to plug and play harnesses for 2 amps 8 speakers hide ones I don’t have yet and once installed plug up without any removal of anything but seat to get to extra plugs to plug up.and front lower pods just pull down attack click done.
Thanks for the background, I understand a little more now. I would still recommend calling Mike at Biketronics and let him know what you're setting up. So many options and very easy to overspend. Mike won't steer you wrong.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am but I want to shy away from biketronics if there coming out with a new 250 watt rms x 4 parraleled would be 125 RMS x 8 said done 1 amp but like to have everything ready so when it does boom done

·
Registered
753 Posts
The 4180 will give you 120 to all 8 speakers. IF they come out with a 4250 that will give you 170 to all 8 speaks. Just food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the 4180 and 6 Hertz Mille MLK 1650.3 legends 150 watt RMS and Mille MPX 690.3 6x9 130 RMS will paralleled would take full power and full volume

·
Registered
753 Posts
So the 4180 and 6 Hertz Mille MLK 1650.3 legends 150 watt RMS and Mille MPX 690.3 6x9 130 RMS will paralleled would take full power and full volume
IMO the ML 1650.3 are under powered at 120W, but yes they could take everything the 4180 could give them with 8 speaks in parallel. Personally I would wait and see if BT does indeed come out with a 4 channel version of the 2250. I have no experience with the MPX 690.3 but based on published ratings they should be fine.

Not to muddy the water, but I personally wouldn't run the 1650.3 in the lowers or tour pak pods. That's a mighty expensive speaker to run in a location where a tweeter won't fit (I don't even know if the 1650.3 itself will fit because of the depth) and even if they do fit a lot of the sound gets washed out in those locations. A lot of guys are going with high sensitivity pro audio speakers in the lowers (hertz spl are very popular) just to add some volume. Cheap but loud speakers in the tour pak pods are common because the sound is behind you and those speaks really only benefit the passenger when going down the road.

As far as full volume, it depends on your definition of full volume. My definition of full volume on a Rushmore is 14 of 17 bars. Anything above that is a distorted signal to the amp and that is bad news for any speaker. The Hertz will take 14 of 17 bars with the 4180, anything above that is asking for a blown speaker.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm what would power the MLK 1650.3 legends 180 RMS, tweeter issue put it in middle of grill on lower and rear pods, fairing lower right or upper roghnor left side. And this would mean the 6x9 MPX 690.3 does 130 vs 1650.3 150 RMS so would 180 RMS?

Volume bars I run now full or two below or 4 below and in either of those 3 all my music sounds fine except the song defenders of the faith by judis preist it’s veey harsh heavy bassy song starting out. At any level so most of my songs I used MP3 gain and 100db so I’m at 99.4db to 100.7db on all songs and that’s running all bars or 2 from max or 4 from max and again sounds loud and fine stock.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roadie13 howabout this doing 8 parraleled?

XDi 600.4 - Arc Audio 4-Channel 600W RMS 1200W Max Class D Car Amplifier

XDi 600.4 - Arc Audio 4-Channel 600W RMS 1200W Max Class D Amplifier
4 Channels at 4 ohms: 150 Watts | 4 Channels at 2 ohms: 150 Watts | 2 Channel at 4 ohms: 300 Watts
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Bass Boost: [email protected] (Front Only)
Dimensions:9.020“ (L) x 6.268” (W) x 2.162 (H)

Can one parallel this amp?

Reason I ask is it’s 4 or 2 ohm 4 channel and delivers 150 per channel so if can parralel this that’s 8 speakers at 150 watts RMS correct?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Roadie13 howabout this doing 8 parraleled?

XDi 600.4 - Arc Audio 4-Channel 600W RMS 1200W Max Class D Car Amplifier

XDi 600.4 - Arc Audio 4-Channel 600W RMS 1200W Max Class D Amplifier
4 Channels at 4 ohms: 150 Watts | 4 Channels at 2 ohms: 150 Watts | 2 Channel at 4 ohms: 300 Watts
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Bass Boost: [email protected] (Front Only)
Dimensions:9.020“ (L) x 6.268” (W) x 2.162 (H)

Can one parallel this amp?

Reason I ask is it’s 4 or 2 ohm 4 channel and delivers 150 per channel so if can parralel this that’s 8 speakers at 150 watts RMS correct?
I'm not familiar with the xdi series amps, but the specs are about the same as the moto 600.4. Any amp can be paralleled as long as the speakers are wired correctly to get the proper impedance. You won't get the same amount of power in parallel, without doing the exact math it should be around 100W per speaker for 8 speakers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts