Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've never bought bike parts on Amazon till now. I've always used RevZilla, J&P and so forth. However I recently found some saddle bag latches that I wanted at J&P, they were just over $50, did a little searching and found them on Amazon for $24

J&P
https://www.jpcycles.com/product/220-0975/hogworkz-3rd-degree-saddlebag-one-touch-lid-lever

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757L4HYQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I decided to try Amazon. They cam in very quickly, packaged minimally, but that's fine as they're small, but they were packaged well. After installing them what I noticed was the actual billet part was very well made, I'm seriously thinking this company makes all of them but also sells direct through Amazon. They also make axel nut covers, fuel door and dash inserts, shifter linkages all for WAY less than the bike sites. Maybe y'all knew this, maybe this stuff will end up being junk, but it looks pretty damn good to me.

Wade

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I paid 19 bucks for my girder shifter linkage. Harley wants 120. I do try to share the wealth and buy at the dealership to keep my automatic 15% off.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Maybe y'all knew this, maybe this stuff will end up being junk, but it looks pretty damn good to me.
As long as it suits your needs, that's good enough! Thanks for the heads up... I'll check them out.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They do look pretty nice!

I was thinking about taking my chrome lid handles off and spraying them with black Plasti-Dip to black them out to match the rest of the bike. But this might be a good alternative. The dealer also offers a "swap" for powder coated lid handles but no idea how much that is - guaranteed at least three times what these cost on Amazon for a pair.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look pretty nice!

I was thinking about taking my chrome lid handles off and spraying them with black Plasti-Dip to black them out to match the rest of the bike. But this might be a good alternative. The dealer also offers a "swap" for powder coated lid handles but no idea how much that is - guaranteed at least three times what these cost on Amazon for a pair.
If you wanted a different color, I'd go Plasti-Dip, I've used it in the past and it holds up very well, but if you're going black, this stuff is reasonable and nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My experience with these types of deals is they work well for accent pieces, but for any item that requires fine tolerances buyer beware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts