Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the plate below the tail light. I'm having a hard time finding all the parts needed. Can somebody who's done this give me some part numbers? I'm riding an 05. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have a 2012 RGU. When I did mine I used the rear turn signal bar from a 09 Street Glide PN# 68997-09 and the license plate bracket which bolts to the turn signal bar PN# 69380-09BHP. This was a plug and play on mine but not sure how the wiring will match up to your 05. Of course if you buy it new you will also have to buy all the bolts washers and other hardware seperate. I got mine complete off ebay for $80 new will cost ya over $200. I believe other years will work as well but not positive on other part numbers. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outstanding detail! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Bandit,

Where did you plug the connrctor from the SG bar into on your Ultra? I picked one up off a '12 or '13 and there is one connector at the end of a foot long harness. The turn signal bar on my 2012 Ultra has a two pin connector from each light. Maybe the '09 SG wiring is different than later years?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Bandit,

Where did you plug the connrctor from the SG bar into on your Ultra? I picked one up off a '12 or '13 and there is one connector at the end of a foot long harness. The turn signal bar on my 2012 Ultra has a two pin connector from each light. Maybe the '09 SG wiring is different than later years?
The 09 Street Glide light bar I bought had two connectors one for each side and pluged into the tail light just like the stock 2012 RGU does. The light bar I have also has the license plate light which you do have to splice in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks, I must have a different version then. Do your turn signals work a run/brake as well or are they turn only like the Ultra?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Thanks, I must have a different version then. Do your turn signals work a run/brake as well or are they turn only like the Ultra?
Mine work as run/brake/turn but you have to have the module and change the bulbs to dual filiment bulbs which come with the module kit from HD.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Aaahh, there's a module! Is that something like the custom dynamics triple threat dealio? Do you happen to recall the HD part #?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Aaahh, there's a module! Is that something like the custom dynamics triple threat dealio? Do you happen to recall the HD part #?

Part number for run/turn/brake module is 69462-06D. This is what I used. It does not list that it will fit the FLTRU because it does not meet DOT because red lenses will be to close together but everything does function correctly. I have never had anyone stop me and I have never failed a state safety inspection which is required in VA. Dealer will say it won't fit your bike, they are wrong!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cool, thanks. I'll check it out. I was just gonna hack up the loom that came with the light bar and make new connectors for my tail light base.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts