Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
parts needed trying to fix my wreck Updated 12/12/11

I am still looking for a few parts in red below.

I am trying to put my bike back together after my wreck. The insurance co. agreed to not total it but I had to agree to a lesser amount to get it done so I am looking for parts on the cheep. I am working on a 2007 Roadglide.

Here is the list of parts needed:
1. outer fairing (ordered for Centennial Park Harley Davidson Thanks for the heads up ironmark)
2. inner fairing (got it)
3. radio cd (Thanks faceracer)
4. fuel level gauge silver (fixed mine)
5. air temp gauge or oil temp gauge silver (pending deal)
6. right side cover
7. mustang rider back rest
8. crash bar chrome or black (Thanks faceracer)
9. hard bag attaching hardware

Want list:
1. Front lowering springs(pending deal)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am trying to put my bike back together after my wreck. The insurance co. agreed to not total it but I had to agree to a lesser amount to get it done so I am looking for parts on the cheep. I am working on a 2007 Roadglide.

1. outer fairing
2. inner fairing
3. radio cd
4. fuel level gauge silver
5. air temp gauge or oil temp gauge silver
6. right side cover
8. crash bar chrome or black

Want list:
1. Front lowering springs
1. Rear lowering shocks
Prolly won't work, but if it does, I've got a chrome crash bar that I took off my '11 RGC. PM me if you're interested & I'll let you know what I'll ship it to you for.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might. I have noticed in the aftermarket that the same part numbers fit from 98 on up. Let me do some checking. shipping would be to 43130

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
e bay....I found an inner fairing for $50.00 and side covers cheap..outer fairing may be a little more , the shipping is what gets you on large items..

·
Registered
425 Posts
air temp gauge

I have an air temp gauge. $30 shipped. Thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
1. outer fairing
2. inner fairing
3. radio cd
4. fuel level gauge silver
5. air temp gauge or oil temp gauge silver
6. right side cover
8. crash bar chrome or black
Want list:
1. Front lowering springs
1. Rear lowering shocks

I have a hi-way bar Chrome off a 07FLHX its yours for $50 + Shipping
I have a radio from my 09 FLTRSE3 removed after 2 months for stereo upgrade.I was asking $300 but since you had a wreck $200 for you + shipping.
I also have the floor boards and shifter and brake from the 07 FLHX if you need them?

My zip code is 41042 if you want to check on shipping.

Face

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
You can get a brand new painted outer fairing from HD for around $500 & unpainted for around $350. You can get a painted inner fairing from FBI for $500.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If its totaled by the Insurance Co do they own the thousands of $ invested in mods? Of can you take the extra parts off and bring it back to stock before the total?
Do they replace a $2500 after market exhaust or price for HD stock parts? I never thought about what is covered.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can get a brand new painted outer fairing from HD for around $500 & unpainted for around $350. You can get a painted inner fairing from FBI for $500.
I did not know you could buy the outer fairing unpainted. Thats good to know. I think I will go that route since I am doing custom paint any way.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bike did not have to many extras but what was there was added in to the overall estimated value of the bike when they were determining if it was to be totaled. In fact they estimated the value about $1500 more than what I would have plus they added an extra grand for taxes and registration fees on another bike.

My estimate came in at $10600. Initially they wanted to total it. I knew I could fix it myself for way under what the dealership could so I asked what the estimate had to come in at in order to fix it. When they said I $9500 I did some quick math and determined it was doable even after you subtract my $1000 deductible. They asked me for my owne estimate that addresses all of the same parts as the original estimate. All I had to do was take out the labor charge and change a few things to fix rather than replace and I was able to come up with a $9500 estimate.

It all seems to be working out in the end. Hopefully I will have a little left over to toward my copays and medical bills from my surgery and physical therapy on my hand.

If its totaled by the Insurance Co do they own the thousands of $ invested in mods? Of can you take the extra parts off and bring it back to stock before the total?
Do they replace a $2500 after market exhaust or price for HD stock parts? I never thought about what is covered.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
When I wrecked mine I gave them an itemized list of what was on it and that's exactly what was replaced, including my garmin gps.

·
Registered
839 Posts
At which harley? im looking for an outer that cheap. lol

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
At which harley? im looking for an outer that cheap. lol
That is the price at any HD dealer in the USA. The outer fairing comes primered I believe. I never checked to see what a primered inner fairing cost but it should be less then a painted one.

·
Registered
839 Posts
That is the price at any HD dealer in the USA. The outer fairing comes primered I believe. I never checked to see what a primered inner fairing cost but it should be less then a painted one.
your 100% right on the outer $350 for unpainted but 730 for inner. it was crazy. i was shocked

1 - 18 of 18 Posts