Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the passenger floorboards I got off this forum. they look great, and the GF is very happy to have them. Anyway, I noticed that when they are flipped up, they seem to be loose, like they would rattle, not loose from the bike. There doesn't appear to be any way to adjust the tension on them, but maybe I'm missing something? Any suggestions????

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
What holds them up is a ball bearing and a spring. Perhaps your spring is worn out. Mine click into place and do not move.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isnt there a set screw or something for the spring loaded ball bearing that allows them to stay up when folded?
Maybe the ball bearing is worn?
I got them off a forum member, they were not used much if at all. They don't even look like they were ever stepped on. They're not falling down, just seems like it should be tighter to me. We'll see when this 10" of white bull&^%$ melts what happens when I take her out.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Drag Specialties. $12 for new pins, spring, & ball . Or you can try and stretch out the old spring.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Try squirting the bearing/spring with wd40 or penetrating oil. Maybe the bearing is corroded and not extending all the way?

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts