Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you, I bought a RGU for the ultimate passenger comfort. Unfortunately, my wife has a bad back and also just doesn’t like riding that much. So, most of the time I ride without a passenger.

I was considering removing the passenger floorboards and just putting them back on the few times a year when I have a passenger. I think it would look more streamlined. It seems the only thing they’re good for is getting in the way when I wash the bike.

Any thoughts? Am I missing a reason that this would be a bad idea?

Thanks
Emil

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, I forgot to mention that I installed a quick release tour pack kit and usually only ride with the TP when touring.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I removed mine as well. HD sells rubber plugs to fill the holes. There are 3 or 4 holes for adjustment that should be plugged to keep crud out of them, should you want to put them back on.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I installed Harley part #50500403A, which replaces the stock passenger floorboard mount with this kit that moves it back and in. I used mini-floorboards with this mount, and for me, at 5’7”, this has made all the difference of the world for my ability to walk my bike without jamming my calves on the stock floorboard, plus I think it gives a much cleaner look than those hideous billboards that came on the bike. Two problems solved.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use mine for a change in sitting position when on the open road. I also have the long rider floorboards and highway boards. I like to move around when riding all day.
I was skeptical of this, so I tried it yesterday. Do you use them when sitting on the passenger seat? Otherwise, I think you may be some kind of contortionist - LOL.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I use mine for a change in sitting position when on the open road. I also have the long rider floorboards and highway boards. I like to move around when riding all day.

I do the same. Usually use one side at a time. Kinda puts your leg in a sport bike position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts