Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason I can’t mate some spare Streamliner passenger pegs with the Harley Long Angled Mounts for the rider for some added comfort? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Any reason I can’t mate some spare Streamliner passenger pegs with the Harley Long Angled Mounts for the rider for some added comfort? Thanks for your help.

Exactly what I did, you may have to take some sandpaper to the inside of the mounts, the streamliner pegs are a tight fit. Once installed work great! I used the short angled billet foot pegs. Make sure you chase the threads with a tap first! Instead of using fancy Harley Bolt Kit I used a 5/16 long stainless bolt and nylock nut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly what I did, you may have to take some sandpaper to the inside of the mounts, the streamliner pegs are a tight fit. Once installed work great! I used the short angled billet foot pegs. Make sure you chase the threads with a tap first! Instead of using fancy Harley Bolt Kit I used a 5/16 long stainless bolt and nylock nut

I’ve read that in some of the reviews in terms of a tight fit on the crash bars. I was going to go with the Kuryakyn Long Horns but now leaning towards the HD Long Angle mounts. These seem best with lowers and whileI don’t have lowers now I’m planning to add the Advans if they ever get my color.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I’ve read that in some of the reviews in terms of a tight fit on the crash bars. I was going to go with the Kuryakyn Long Horns but now leaning towards the HD Long Angle mounts. These seem best with lowers and whileI don’t have lowers now I’m planning to add the Advans if they ever get my color.

I used a strip of sandpaper to get a good grip on the bars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Long angled mounts with streamliner passenger footpegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
To reiterate what texasnurse said above.... make sure you chase the threads first.. don't ask me how I know, but you will chew up the threads on the bolts in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did exactly that with my 2011 Street Glide and Harley's Short Angled Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts. I grabbed a second pair of passenger pegs off fleabay, so my FLHX had two pair of passenger pegs. They work great with lowers! On my 2015 Ultra, I had just stock looking pegs on those mounts, then swapped them for Kahuna footpegs, and those will be installed on my RGU.

First pic is the best pic of them on the FLHX, before I mounted the lowers (which were detachable). Second is of the "stock" looking "Harley-Davidson" plain rubber pegs on the FLHTK. Don't have a good pic of the mounts with the Kahuna pegs yet; they are on my tool cart waiting to be cleaned up and installed to the FLTRU.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts