Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed passing lights on their RG? The headlight on my 15 RGS is not bad but I live in deer country and I would like something pretty bright for long range visibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
I added driving/fog lights to my 2017 RGU. Here is a front shot of me on my Shark riding the Dragon last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
I installed Custom Dynamics LED driving lights in chrome, mounted on my engine guards. I have an RGU, and there is room despite the lowers, it just takes some adjusting. For me, their purpose is to light me up in the day, but they are also amazing at night. Check my garage here, and you will see a photo of the right side light, and another with all lights on. CD lights are high quality. I also run the pro-beam filler, bag lights, and tail light. I am SEEN.

Reactions: vring and paid4c4

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Has anyone installed passing lights on their RG? The headlight on my 15 RGS is not bad but I live in deer country and I would like something pretty bright for long range visibility.

I have the Clearwater Lights Darla model and absolutely love them. The pic in this thread is not at full brightness. The lights have a dimmer switch. I ride in deer country all the time and feel safer with these lights.

https://www.roadglide.org/3-*general-road-glide-discussions-pictures/348561-took-advantage-warm-md-day.html

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like my HD fog lamps, as I said in another thread about these they are great for increased visibility during the day, and the night side ditch coverage is great also.

no clue why its sideways..

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have Clearwater Darlas. I refer to them as my "Deer Lights". Light pattern and distance are fabulous. I got them when I bought my 2015 FLTRXS and moved them over when I traded in for my 2018 FLTRS. I had them on the calipers originally but moved them up to the crash bar and much prefer them up there. My Airlite soft lowers still fit perfect. I did not mount the adjustment knob this go 'round and rather just taped it in the lowest setting and tucked in behind the fairing. I did this because the lights on low are enough to be seen, but full power with highbeams is what really does the job I need. They are impressive for their size and well worth the money.

My friend bought Krista's. I think mine perform just as well. I think Darlas have a better light pattern for riding.

If $$ is an issue, then the Glendina's that are soon to come out have a little less output then the Darla's for near half the price.

Adam

·
Registered
136 Posts
What brand are they?
they aren't the name branded expensive ones for sure. but they are just as bright. I piss people off but I don't care, id rather someone be pissed and get over it then them not see me and hit me; now I'm without a leg or worse, my life. I've either been really lucky, my bobble head is working, or people are actually seeing me. whatever the reason, im all still intact.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have noticed a lot of the H-D police bikes that are out there have lights mounted to the fender bolts or caliper mounted. Is there an H-D bracket for mounting the H-D Led Fog Lamps to this position? No option when search year and model specifically on H-D website. 2017 RGU here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have noticed a lot of the H-D police bikes that are out there have lights mounted to the fender bolts or caliper mounted. Is there an H-D bracket for mounting the H-D Led Fog Lamps to this position? No option when search year and model specifically on H-D website. 2017 RGU here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out Denalielectronics.com. I think you will find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far I really like the CD setup with the fairing mounted turn signals and the passing lights using the turnsignal locations, it is very clean with no exposed wiring. I appreciate the comments, pictures, and advise.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered the fairing mount led turn signals and bullet billet led passing lights from CD should be here in a day or two.
Thx for your input gentlemen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a decent priced set of lights on Amazon and fabbed up a stainless bracket to mount them on my caliper. They are functional, look great and I have less than $40 into the whole setup!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts