Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im sure this has happened to a few of us but here goes
I was headed out to go for a ride and I was getting a Red Key Light on my dash
When I tried to start bike I was getting flashing turn signals and the bike would not start
I was naturally thinking I had a blow code or somthing like that as I have al sorts of stuff on the bike that could do that as we all do
Just for kicks I got the other key ,same results
I was freaking and looking in my service manual ,checking our site here and the internet
Today I went to the dealer and was told it could be a number of things .
I said how about the battery in the keyfob
The parts guy said when did you last replace them (I have a 2008 RG)
I said never
So i got two new batterys ( one for each fob)
$4.95 for the pair
Went home ,replaced said batteries
Problem solved
Just thought I would pass it on
I felt a little foolish after going through all the mentel termoild I put my self through
:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
something I read somewherre , keep a spare batt on the bike , or keep the spare fob on the bike with batt in backwards then if needed just put batt in correct and your good to go .

Eagle

·
Registered
217 Posts
That's great advice... Never really thought about that happening while out riding, but that really would throw a wrench into it...especially on a long trip.

Something else to add to the "survival" kit.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I always keep a spare battery, and I actually have a plain TSM in my saddlebag, getting stuck once away from home and not remembering the manual code was one too many times for me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sometimes a strong electrical interference will affect the signal from the fob. I was at a Shell station in north Ga. last week when it happened to me. The pump area was covered and close to the corner where there were a ton of wires going everywhere. Flashers flashed and bike would not start. I remember what I read and pushed the bike from under the covered area and she started right up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Manual tells me to replace the batteries on those silly damn keyfobs annually. Sounds like cheap insurance to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry the card with the access codes in my billfold just in case the battery would die on me.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i'm a small guy, so pushing a big touring bike is not my idea of fun. learn the code, and how to use it. i practice mine once or twice every couple of months just so if my battery ever goes dead in the fob, or i lose the fob, or i find myself in an area of interference, instead of pushing, i press a few buttons.

the army always taught me to work smarter, not harder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts