Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Will be coming back from Massachusetts the plan would be to detour thru Kentucky.
Did you say the Econolodge was out ? What would your next choice be?
Will keep you posted if we can participate.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like the way you are thinking. Right now, the calendar looks favorable.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
There are plenty of nice hotels, and not so nice hotels in Paducah which is only 30 miles away. I will probably do the Fairfield Inn & Suites again. Will absolutely not do the Red Roof Inn again, felt like I needed to stand guard all night.

·
Super Moderator
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fairfield is a little ritzy for me , prolly best western , motel six or some such , Scott already sed I waste a motel room , cant see spending that when I'm gone all day and only there for sleeping .. Not knocking all econo lodges , have stayed in some good ones , but wont be back to this one ..

Not knowing whether she is going sucks , cause I cud prolly split a room with someone ..

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
If I go it will most likely be just me on my RGU, not sure if my boys will come or any of the good folks who traveled with me this last one. If the wifey doesn't come my hotel standards go way way down. I could be up for splitting a room, although sharing a room with a navy guy always makes us jarheads a little nervous......

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife and I stayed at the lodge at the state park a few years ago. It was nice enough. I think it was $80 a night with farm bureau membership.

She wouldn't let me ride through the buffalo pin☹

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heck best western is same price near bouts as the fairy field , comfort suites is only $80 a night and I'm down to not enuff points for a free room any more ..

Aint skeered a no jarhead , I gots my 40 nearby ...

·
Super Moderator
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob gots yer package yesterday ..

Faye rolls here eyes and says "Oh it's from Bob" ?? With the look of Oh Lord what could that possibly be ?? I had forgot you told me you were sending it ..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Stratton Inn

Fairfield is a little ritzy for me , prolly best western , motel six or some such , Scott already sed I waste a motel room , cant see spending that when I'm gone all day and only there for sleeping .. Not knocking all econo lodges , have stayed in some good ones , but wont be back to this one ..

Not knowing whether she is going sucks , cause I cud prolly split a room with someone ..
When I motel it in the area I stay at the Stratton Inn in Princeton. You can get a king room(if you negotiate a little) for $50. Bike can park right outside your room. Across the street from a gas station and liquor store. They have rolls, fruit and coffee in the morning. Never had a problem there. Its not the Holiday Inn by any means, but for sleeping it works for me, its reasonably safe and its $50.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
When I motel it in the area I stay at the Stratton Inn in Princeton. You can get a king room(if you negotiate a little) for $50. Bike can park right outside your room. Across the street from a gas station and liquor store. They have rolls, fruit and coffee in the morning. Never had a problem there. Its not the Holiday Inn by any means, but for sleeping it works for me, its reasonably safe and its $50.
Jeff
I like the sounds of this, will have to check it out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I will be at The Rally in the Crater, Henderson, Texas Sept. 22nd-25th. Faunsdale rally in Alabama Sept. 29th -Oct. 2nd and Bamafest in Alabama Oct. 27th-30th. Won't be able to make Kentucky.

·
Super Moderator
9,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Never fear , I go at least once a year , and the last three years I have invited peeps from here , this year is two times , just did it June 18th ..

Will post up a thread later in the year for next years trip ..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts